Etrade Bank Not Updating

Started a couple days ago. CC-505 error in Quicken with Etrade Bank. Brokerage side updates fine. Not machine specific as it won't work on my laptop (different file) either. Deleting the account and recreating works for one day (if lucky) then same error again.
Is this a known problem that Quicken is working on?

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓

Hello All,

Thank you for visiting the Community and reporting this issue here, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA available at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• db1234
    db1234 Member ✭✭
    Same problem. Started 3/1/2023.
  • scn101
    scn101 Member
    Same issue I'm observing. I had a call with Quicken tech support but that ended up with "you need to call Etrade."
  • James J
    James J Member ✭✭✭

Same issue here.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓

Hello All,

Thank you for visiting the Community and reporting this issue here, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA available at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• fjl01
    fjl01 Unconfirmed, Member
    For the 10 days or so I have had the same issue. The only way I have found to get E*Trade bank to download is to deactivate the download and set-up again. This is not a solution as it works only for one download. E*Trade brockage accounts load with no issue. It is only the bank accounts that have this issue.
  • augiboy
    augiboy Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    I have the same problem. It is pretty annoying. So far, I've tried 18 times to connect. I've tried a disconnect/reconnect etc., none of it works. I have followed all of the instructions from ETrade to connect with Quicken. Quicken telling their customers to contact ETrade again is ridiculous. I pay Quicken, therefore Quicken owns the problem.
  • keverly
    keverly Member ✭✭
    I placed a secure message to Etrade. They actually responded a couple hours later, and even called and left a message. They stated the problem is now fixed. Of course, I try updating this morning, and I still have the problem, not updating CC-505 error.
  • augiboy
    augiboy Member ✭✭
    Hey Keverly, thanks for that update. Also still the same here, I just tried again. ETrade won't update.
  • StevensUMBC
    StevensUMBC Member ✭✭
    same issue with my quicken software. Can update etrade brokerage data. Can't update etrade bank. Add my name to the growing list of frustrated quicken customers.
  • glenfmarshall
    glenfmarshall Member ✭✭
    Same issue. It would be nice if Quicken would give us a status update, versus just acknowledging the error.
  • dc0063
    dc0063 Member ✭✭✭

Etrade bank has been a thorn for a while - intermittent access/Error code. Lately it it now just fail. Goes from 505 error, to reset, to 800 error to connection 1x, then 505 again. Stopped chasing the error code; hopefully Q can get the EWC connection corrected with Intuit central.

• glenfmarshall
    glenfmarshall Member ✭✭
    I contacted E*Trade Customer Service via message. All I got back was generic instructions on how to connect & update accounts, not a response to the reported error. I asked them to work with Quicken to get this resolved, as it's nothing that I can fix. We'll see...
  • keverly
    keverly Member ✭✭
    glenfarmarshall, I got a call Thursday night from Etrade after sending them a secure message earlier in the day. They told me they were aware of the problem, as it had to do with them (Etrade) changing some server configurations on the backend. They said it this point, the changes have been made and Quicken will have to update the servers on their end. As you see Quicken opened a ticket, but no updates since. I have no doubt it will be fixed, I just wish they would hurry up!
  • augiboy
    augiboy Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    hey all, thank you for keeping us informed. quicken doesn't tell us anything. quicken subscriptions is a lot about selling links to financial institutions. quicken should be constantly testing all the links. there's really no excuse for them reacting only after their customers complain.
  • regentscholar
    regentscholar Member ✭✭
    Same problem, multiple days now. I have many E*TRADE banking and brokerage accounts (though it seems only the banking accounts are impacted), but this is quite annoying.
  • Roger Kint
    Roger Kint Member ✭✭
    Adding to the list, so this issue gets elevated. As another user points out, there is really no excuse for this type of update issue dragging on for days. When the same thing happened with CIT bank it took Quicken over a month to resolve the problem.

Now that we are required to pay annual subscriptions for the update feature, management should be more responsive--someone needs to get development to look into these issue in real time with feedback to the frustrated users that are paying the bills.
  • BTBT
    BTBT Member ✭✭
    Are you guys seeing the error message:
    "Quicken is unable to update your account because unexpected information was received from your financial institution."
    or a different error message?
    This just started for me as well within the last few days.
    Bookmarking to track the responses.
  • augiboy
    augiboy Member ✭✭
    I get "URL. Website is currently unavailable or intermittently available." It's definitely worse than intermittent.
  • cjbgator
    cjbgator Unconfirmed, Member
    Same problem here.
  • cscheffold
    cscheffold Member
    Yup same issue here on Quicken for Mac - E*TRADE bank has always been flaky about updating, but now I haven't been able to get it to work at all for a while.

Care Code: FDP-105

Details:
    FI_WEBSITE_UNAVAILABLE
    URL. Website is currently unavailable or intermittently available.
  • Mieciu
    Mieciu Member
    Same here on Mac. Tried to disconnect and connect back. Even downloading QFX file from Etrade does not work..

snippets from Log File
    errors count: 1

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    error #1
    level: 4 (Debug = 0, Critical = 6)

description:
    add account error

suggestion:
    Try again later.

system description:
    institution login: can't setup (aggregator error)

BID: 9899

FI name: E*Trade Bank

response:
    {
    "code" : 200,
    "resource" : {
    "status" : "ACCEPTED_POLLING_REQUIRED",
    "pollingReference" : "\/institution-logins\/297083312823342849\/poll",
    "id" : "297083312823342849",
    "resource" : {
    "aggregators" : [
    {
    "lastRefreshAttemptedAt" : "2023-03-04T17:07:26Z",
    "aggStatusDetail" : "URL. Website is currently unavailable or intermittently available.",
    "cpChannel" : "FDP_DEFAULT",
    "aggStatusCode" : "FDP-105",
    "aggStatus" : "FI_WEBSITE_UNAVAILABLE",
    "lastStatusUpdatedAt" : "2023-03-04T17:12:42Z",
    "lastRefreshSuccessfulAt" : "2023-03-03T01:58:51Z",
    "cpId" : "908d068f-f107-4e86-a924-dc9a5b0e3489"
    }
    ],
    "channel" : "FDP_DEFAULT",
    "includeInvestmentAccounts" : false,
    "id" : "297083312823342849",
    "modifiedAt" : "2023-03-05T13:43:35.834858036Z",
    "clientId" : "88644707-50A6-4A70-BAE6-3D30B05F6DDF",
    "isConnected" : true,
    "createdAt" : "2021-10-22T11:37:33Z",
    "institutionId" : "69971827673283842",
    "name" : "E*Trade Bank"
    },
  • Rimbex
    Rimbex Member
    > @keverly said:
    > Started a couple days ago. CC-505 error in Quicken with Etrade Bank. Brokerage side updates fine. Not machine specific as it won't work on my laptop (different file) either. Deleting the account and recreating works for one day (if lucky) then same error again.
    > Is this a known problem that Quicken is working on?

Same issue since 3/1/23
  • merdadp
    merdadp Member ✭✭
    Same issue since late Feb 23 here as well. "We were unable to connect to E*Trade Bank. This is usually a temporary issue. Please try again later. (Error Code: FDP-105)"
  • nonoville
    nonoville Member ✭✭
    It's working now for me this morning.
  • augiboy
    augiboy Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Agreed. I did a disconnect and reconnect. Then my account updated.
  • MarkTrue
    MarkTrue Member ✭✭
    Appears to be fixed this morning.
    This is upsetting. I just went through this for a month with Fifth Third Bank. We report, report, and report when something is broken. But it's not until these boards FILL UP with complaints until they fix the problem. In todays online banking sites with every bank, Quicken is a luxury, not a necessity, and a luxury we all pay a lot for every year.
    I hope you are reading this managers, because if I have to go through this for a month with my different banks, and it takes a full board before you give the problem any attention, I won't be back, and I suspect I speak for many thousands of subscribers.
    Step up your customer service and support of your product.
  • M$D
    M$D Member ✭✭
    Me too. Etrade Bank/Morgan Stanley Bank cycles though several states, allowing updates only after a delete/reconnect. Has been going on for more than a month. It started immediately after adding 2FA.
  • Pazzo
    Pazzo Member

Same error today 3/9/2023 am on Fidelity 401k when trying to add account.

• Pazzo
    Pazzo Member

Details:
    FI_WEBSITE_UNAVAILABLE
    URL. Fidelity is blocking Intuit access!

• Santafed0g
    Santafed0g Member ✭✭

Same error with Etrade, on 03/12.2023, and it's been going on for weeks now.
    Come on Quicken. Fix your issue or lose your customers. I've been working with Quicken for decades, but NEVER had so many issues as I have lately. The product is worthless to me without consistant accurate downloads.

This discussion has been closed.