Connecting with First Financial Bank problem

RSRFDirector
RSRFDirector Member
When I first set up my Quicken account, I was connected very quickly with my bank. That was 60 days ago and I've used my account nearly every day since then. This morning, however, I am unable to connect with the bank. The first time I set up the account, I was asked for my auto generated PIN through Symantec.VIP. This time I was not and I think that's the problem. Anyone have any suggestions?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @RSRFDirector ,

We are sorry about this issue with FDP-103 error messages. Thank you for answering earlier questions about the situation.

First, save a backup by navigating to File > Save a Backup… in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then take a look at the following Support Article, linked here. I understand that the credentials you are entering appear to be correct, but have you disconnected the accounts associated with First Financial Bank, then delete all passwords from the Keychain app, then reconnected the accounts associated with this bank? I just want to confirm that these steps have been followed before we proceed.

I look forward to hearing about your results, if and when these troubleshooting steps are taken.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared

Answers

• Quicken Jared

Hello @RSRFDirector ,

We are sorry about this problem with online banking services and updating accounts. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community.

Can you tell us if you are receiving a particular error message when trying to connect accounts? Is the One Step Update freezing the program? Are transactions simply failing to download after an update?

I look forward to your answers.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared

• Hi Jared,

I don't think the program is freezing when trying to connect accounts. What's happening is that Quicken won't connect with First Financial Bank. Details: "Credential Set is in invalid status:103. Login error - Invalid username or password."

The error code is "INVALID_CREDENTIALS (FDP-103)"

I have verified that the credentials I'm using ARE CORRECT by logging in to our bank account.

I believe the error is that the auto-generated PIN that First Financial requires us to use was not requested (as in the past) this time. First Financial uses an app called Symantec.VIP to auto-generate a numerical passcode allowing a user to log in.
  • Quicken Jared
    Answer ✓

Hello @RSRFDirector ,

We are sorry about this issue with FDP-103 error messages. Thank you for answering earlier questions about the situation.

First, save a backup by navigating to File > Save a Backup… in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then take a look at the following Support Article, linked here. I understand that the credentials you are entering appear to be correct, but have you disconnected the accounts associated with First Financial Bank, then delete all passwords from the Keychain app, then reconnected the accounts associated with this bank? I just want to confirm that these steps have been followed before we proceed.

I look forward to hearing about your results, if and when these troubleshooting steps are taken.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared

This discussion has been closed.