USAA Reauthorization trying to link CC to a Savings account

E Eagle
E Eagle Member ✭✭
The USAA reauthorization is trying to link my Quicken file for USAA CC to a savings account on the USAA site. For now, I just didn't update and am inputting everything manually. How can get the to recognize the accounts correctly?

Answers

• isonclubikin
    isonclubikin Member ✭✭✭✭

In the reauthorization process, you should have the option to click on the dialog box to the right, tell it to use an existing account and select the correct account. When I reauthorized, it did the same thing (CC for Savings). I selected the correct account and everything's been fine.

• E Eagle
    E Eagle Member ✭✭
    It is not pulling the accounts over correctly. I do not sync all of my USAA accounts so it wants to sync a random USAA savings account that I have never synced to Quicken to my Quicken account for that CC, but the USAA CC will not link to the Quicken CC and it won't let me select it. I can only pull it over as a new account, but I have years of history already in Quicken for that account.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

You have categorized this discussion under “Quicken on the Web”, a companion app to Quicken for Windows or Mac.
    I don't think you can use the Web app to perform the reauthorization.
    Which desktop program are you using: Q Mac or Q Windows?

If Q Windows … Do make sure that during reactivation you are clicking the LINK button and correctly selecting the desired credit card account register from a popup.
    When in doubt, before making the wrong choice, create an image snapshot of this screen and attach it here to your next response.

• E Eagle
    E Eagle Member ✭✭
    Thanks for pointing out the category. I didn't realize the category did that. I am using Windows and I will repost in the correct category. I am not new this and all of my accounts were previously linked and downloading correctly. It is the new functionality that is creating the problem.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Never mind reposting. I'll get a moderator to fix that for you.

Let us know if reactivation works for you as I said.

This discussion has been closed.