How can enter two-factor authentication into quicken after you obtain the code.

Quicken asks for a authentication code which is sent as a text message to my phone. upon recieving the code, quicken does change screens so the code can be input. Therefore I can't input the code. I am useing quicken version R47.15 build 27.1.47.15 Home and Business

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

Hello @TwBledsoe ,

We are sorry about this issue with two-factor authentication. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community.

When is this request for two-factor authentication occurring? Are you seeing this request when trying to update accounts, or log into your online banking services? If so, what financial institution is associated with the affected account(s)?

I look forward to hearing responses about this, and working with you further on this issue.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared

• TwBledsoe
    TwBledsoe Member
    When trying to use bill pay for Comed, Mediacom and Verizon. It times out saying it is still trying to connect or it will ask me for login name and password and a text will be sent to my phone. When I get the text. There is nowhere for me to enter it. Quicken use to pop up a screen for the authentication code.
  • epochobradsky
    epochobradsky Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue, Receive a two-factor authentication code via text message, however the screen never changes to input the code. Once this happens attempting to login to the billing account website requires a two-factor authentication process by sending a new code by text message obsoleting the code requested by Quicken. Been happening for weeks now. Makes tracking online bills useless!
  • Quicken Jared

Hello @TwBledsoe and @epochobradsky ,

We are sorry that this issue with billers is continuing, and thank you for answering earlier questions about the problem.

Is there any way you could provide screenshots of what screen you're seeing after receiving the code - with personal information redacted as necessary? You can follow the steps explained in this FAQ in order to do this. Also note that you may drag and drop your images into your comment in order to submit images, as well.

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared

• epochobradsky
    epochobradsky Member ✭✭
    FYI - I've tried to add several images but can't seem to do so. Image always states already added. Anyway, the sequence goes like this. 1. attempt to run "Fix-it". 2. Quicken states you the biller requires a one-time verification code to link to my account. 3. I'm prompted to for biller Username, Password, and Phone Number. After filling all required fields I receive a text message from my biller with the code. 4. At a few minutes has elapsed I receive the attached message from Quicken
  • epochobradsky
    epochobradsky Member ✭✭
    Attached is the screen from Quicken requesting biller credentials.
  • Quicken Jared

Hello @epochobradsky ,

We are sorry that this issue with two-factor authentication is continuing. Thank you so much for those helpful screenshots and details.

Save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File… in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then navigate to the Bills & Income tab and click the 'gear' icon in the upper right-hand corner, then click Review and Repair, then click Review and Repair Online Billers in the dropdown menu that appears. 

I look forward to hearing about your results.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared

• epochobradsky
    epochobradsky Member ✭✭
    I performed the tasks as instructed and my Mediacom account was removed from the server (this is one of the accounts I'm having difficulty with). I closed Quicken them started it up again. I went to the Bills and Income tag and tried to add Mediacom as a new bill. After entering my account (Mediacom) credentials I received the attached message. The code was sent via text message but the screen never changed to allow me to enter the code received. After an apparent time out from the attached screen a message from Quicken stated my account was locked and I need to go to its website to correct the issue. FYI - I did go to the website and my account was indeed locked, a new code had to be sent. In short Quicken does not change or provide a screen to input the code received after it stated this process was required by the biller.
  • Quicken Jared

Hello @epochobradsky ,

Thanks for getting back to me about the results from repairing and validating the online billers. We do apologize that this issue still persists.

Given the ongoing nature of the issue, I recommend speaking with Quicken Support by making use of the information provided here.  They will need to work with you in order to troubleshoot and diagnose this issue in greater detail with the tools and resources available to them, uniquely. I do wish that we could provide more advice from the Quicken Community, but Support's help will be necessary in this situation.

Feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared

This discussion has been closed.