How do I add second bank account when it will only allow one?

Options

When I try updating both of my bank accounts (Checking and Money Market), only the checking account gets updated and I keep getting an error message for the Money Market account. In trying to “reconnect” the Money Market account, it reverts to the checking account so that is the only account it recognizes. This happened only recently after an upgrade by Quicken. Until then, both accounts were updated each and every time I requested it.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hello @Rita Pemberton,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. Which financial institution are you experiencing this with? What is the connection method with said financial institution? You can see the connection method by navigating to Settings > Downloads > Connection Type. How long has this issue been occurring? If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.  

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Rita Pemberton
    Rita Pemberton Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken Jasmine

1. The financial Institution is Capital One Bank
    2. The Connection Type is Quicken Connect
    3. This has been happening ever since Quicken did its last update, don't know for certain but probably one month

As you can see from the screen shot, the Money Market 360 account is the one that “needs attention”, however, when I try to “Reconnect”, it just reverts back to my checking account. Perplexing, frustrating and irritating!

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Rita Pemberton

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Rita Pemberton,

Thank you for providing more information, I do understand how frustrating this can be.

First, I suggest creating a test file to see if you can observe the same behavior regarding being unable to connect and download transactions with your Money Market account. You can create a test file by navigating to File > New > Start from Scratch. Please keep in mind that it is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps (just in case).

Please let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.