is there a known issue where Fidelity Accounts are doubling portfolio values?

Options

I am seeing transactions show up in 2 of my Fidelity 401K accounts that is essentially doubling my account balance. The transaction show up as the total amount of shares held for specific funds where I have been tracking the individual transactions.

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Yes, this issue has been reported. The post below has been reported by multiple users to solve the issue:

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • neal.fishman
    neal.fishman Member ✭✭
    Options

I am also experiencing this problem.

• ANK
    ANK Member ✭✭
    Options
    noticed the same this today as well
  • zx9r
    zx9r Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes. Apparently not specific to Mac version though since Win users also experiencing this. In my case, it is only a Fidelity 401k account but not my brokerage.
  • Tpasci
    Tpasci Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2023
    Options

update

RickO's solution worked for me. I will continue to monitor. Still would be helpful to know the root-cause.

Same Mac problem for me. The 5 duplicated transations are odd “Add Shares”, and are dated 12/28/1996. And 2 of the 5 transactions involve newer State Street secuities that were not even in existance back in 1996. And these odd “2” named securities are created, and only the ticker prices are being applied to these “2” securities.

• sinew23
    sinew23 Member
    Options

I was having the same issue for the last week or so. I have Fidelity 401K account and it kept adding a transaction with the same number of my current shares. Essentially doubling my number of shares. The solution RickO shared worked for me as well!

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@Tpasci Still would be helpful to know the root-cause.

It seems pretty clear Fidelity made some change in the way they export data which Quicken's (Intuit's) import server wasn't prepared for. It's unlikely we will know the root cause, as Quicken almost never talks about behind-the-scenes issues other than to say they've been resolved.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • nananma12
    nananma12 Member
    Options

Yep been having the same issue. Would like to know when it would be resolved please,

• PilotPaul
    PilotPaul Member
    Options

None of my securities are doubled. The cash is added which equals the total securities. There is no cash in the Fidelity amounts. I have to zero out the cash each time I update. This was reported before and supposedly closed. The 'fix' reported did not help. Please advise.

This discussion has been closed.