USAA Credit Card not downloading (QWIN)

MNorgren
MNorgren Member ✭✭

This seems to be the same problem USAA has been having over the last year or two with credit card accounts. But this last week has been the worst I have experienced in several months. Is there a new problem?

Best Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Answer ✓

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

-Quicken Jasmine

Answers

• PAXRU
    PAXRU Member ✭✭

Why is it everytime USAA changes their login procedures (now Express Web Connect+) Quicken is unable to keep pace resulting in persistent issues? Credit card transactions do not download from USAA. Application “report a problem” have been completed but no ETA for resolution. Does anyone have a workaround or temporary solution (w/out manually entering transactions) till EWC+ can pull data correctly?

• burtonzx6
    burtonzx6 Member
    edited March 2023

USAA credit card transaction stopped downloading as of 3/2. My other accounts with USAA download fine. For example, today the checking account downloaded transactions through 3/9. The credit card downloaded transaction through 3/2 even though there are numerous transaction from 3/3 until today.

Credit card

[Screenshot Removed for Privacy]

Spoke with customer service on Quicken and they said it's a USAA problem. So many issues with USAA and Quicken over the last 6 months, I want to give up both. USAA is clueless on how to help out.

Anyone had success resolving this issue?

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello @burtonzx6,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What is your connection method with USAA? You can see the connection method by navigating to Tools > Account List. What exactly occurs when attempting to download transactions? Do you receive any error codes or messages?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello @MNorgren,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What is your connection method with USAA? You can see the connection method by navigating to Tools > Account List. What exactly occurs when attempting to download transactions? Do you receive any error codes or messages? What type of account(s) are these?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello @PAXRU,

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What exactly occurs when attempting to download transactions? Do you receive any error codes or messages?

Also, just so you are aware. Submitting a problem report via Quicken does not warrant a response, you would still need to reach out to Quicken Support via phone, chat, or the Community for further assistance.

I look forward to your response!

-Quicken Jasmine

• PAXRU
    PAXRU Member ✭✭

No errors or messages. Other affiliated USSA accounts d'load appropriately. The credit card unfortunately does not. The last transactions that d'loaded were from 3/5/2023, and according to the USAA CC ledger - I have several transactions (that are not pending). I have revoked and reassoicated Quiken w/USAA (w/confirmation from USAA) and it still has not resolved the missing CC transactions.

• MNorgren
    MNorgren Member ✭✭
    My connection method is Express Web Connect+. It is specifically an issue with the VISA account.
    My checking and savings accounts have been downloading. Transactions dated March 4 to March 9 are not downloading. (There are a few more recent transactions but they are still pending on the merchant side.)
    A USAA website rep had me deactivate the VISA account and activate it again but it did not correct the problem. My recent VISA transactions are still not downloading.
    No, I do not see any error messages.
  • MNorgren
    MNorgren Member ✭✭
    Looks like @PAXRU and I are having an identical problem.
  • burgie66
    burgie66 Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue as well, nothing has downloaded since March 4th though plenty have cleared and are no longer pending on the USAA APP.
  • MNorgren
    MNorgren Member ✭✭
    @PAXRU and @burgie66: On the USAA website account page, all the transactions which are affected also have "Category Pending" showing in the Category column. See attached image. Do either of you see the same detail?
  • burgie66
    burgie66 Member ✭✭
    I have "Category Pending" showing up on a lot of the most recent transactions, but 4 or 5 of them downloaded on March 4th and were reconciled at that time with the online balance, yet they show "Category Pending" on the website.
  • PAXRU
    PAXRU Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    It looks like it...I fell for the old bait and switch. On the mobile app, USAA only shows two pending actions...but the online version shows everything post 5 March as a pending action. I assume that is my hold-up from transactions being processed by Quicken. Thats seems unusual that transactions would remain pending for five days.
  • Billben616
    Billben616 Member

This seems to be a broader issue. I am experiencing the exact same issue - no downloads after March 4th. I had reauthorized the account the other day, with no issues identified. I just reset the account again today and reauthorized USAA to share the information, but no transactions get downloaded. The Online Balance is correct, so it apparently connects ok - it's just that the transactions are not there. Is this a known bug that Quicken is actively working?

• MNorgren
    MNorgren Member ✭✭
    @PAXRU ...I don't use the mobile app all that much so I went to look to understand your comment. The "Category Pending" is not the same as a "Pending" transaction. Would you look again? The column "Category" is a USAA feature which you can personalize. (I don't use this feature but also have not figured out if I can get rid of it.)
    I just find it interesting that USAA's categorization process is pending on the same transactions that will not download. Of the 20 transactions I have since March 4, fourteen (14) transactions have cleared and should have downloaded into Quicken. I have six (6) transactions still pending through the merchant.
  • PapaSmurf
    PapaSmurf Member ✭✭

Having the exact same issue! This is ridiculous! It's a Quicken issue, and they refuse to own up to it. I had this issue with Quicken connect in the past and switched to direct connect and it worked perfectly. Now that they did away with direct connect I am back to the exact same issue of transactions not being downloaded by Quicken. I'm about to dump USAA and Quicken.

• PapaSmurf
    PapaSmurf Member ✭✭

Same issue here and I am getting incredibly frustrated. Direct connect never had this issue. It's this new authentication issue causing this, and Quicken knows it.

• PAXRU
    PAXRU Member ✭✭
    @MNorgren yeah, sorry for the confusion, the transaction isn't pending the category is pending. By that rational, the transactions have cleared...USAA just hasn't associated a category to the charge.
  • srowlands
    srowlands Member ✭✭

USAA credit card transactions have stopped downloading into Quicken for me as of March 5. My USAA checking is working as advertised. I reported this to Quicken and have started a trouble ticket with USAA. I restored a file from February 22 and re-authorized USAA and transactions downloaded from the credit cards from February 22 thru March 4. USAA credit card transactions March 5 - 10 are not downloading. Quicken made and announcement today about pending transactions… but i have completed transactions from March 5-10 that still have not downloaded.

• ACreel264
    ACreel264 Member ✭✭

I have this same problem for my USAA checking, savings and credit card accounts. I did an account reset and it did not change anything.

• jswafa
    jswafa Member ✭✭✭

Same problem here - USAA downloads are all working fine except the Visa credit card account. The balance is downloading/updating correctly, but credit card transactions for the last few days are not downloading. Connection is Express Web Connect +.

• paula.michele
    paula.michele Member ✭✭
    Same frustration here with the first transaction not to download is from 3/3. I too noticed that the transactions not coming into quicken are those USAA displays online with "category pending" so I called USAA and spoke to someone in their web dept. They confirmed this is a known issue they are working on but could not provide expected resolution timing. Ugh.
  • jcpistone
    jcpistone Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Thank you for the comment about the "category pending" transactions. I had not realized the connection to the category pending and the transactions not downloading. I am not sure why we must endure these download issues every few months, and why it always takes a week or more to correct. Another good question is why "category pending" is displayed on transactions beginning on March 3. How long does it take for the USAA system to designate a category for a transaction (hint: 8 days is too long).
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Answer ✓

Hello All,

-Quicken Jasmine

• paula.michele
    paula.michele Member ✭✭
    Thank you for the reporting suggestion Jasmine. I have submitted this issue via the "Help/Report a Problem" within Quicken. Perhaps everyone on this thread could join in for the "squeaky wheel" approach! Agreed with jcpistone that 8 days is already too long for this level of dysfunction to be unresolved.
  • rodriguezbt
    rodriguezbt Unconfirmed, Member

I tried to report the same USAA issue with “category pending” items as not downloading but couldn't even get the help>report a problem to even work. This is getting ridiculous.

• Brand
    Brand Member ✭✭

Hello srowlands! My situation is the same as yours. My USAA checking account transactions are downloading, but my USAA credit card transaction are not. I have also performed the routine Reset Account and Deactivate/Activate account to no avail. I don't know if you recall, but this very issue also occurred sometime last year. Quicken was quick to repair the issue, but there was no communication to those affected, and I think that is the most difficult aspect of the issue: not knowing if quicken is aware of the issue and receipt of some timeline if/when it will be resolved—communication make such a big difference. I want to thank you for using your valuable time to create a trouble ticket with USAA and reporting the issue to Quicken. Now, we wait patiently.

• CocoaPuff
    CocoaPuff Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue - no USAA VISA credit card downloads into Quicken since 3/2/23. On the USAA web site, the credit card transactions appear as "Category Pending", but appear cleared on the USAA Mobile App. The Online credit card current balance and the USAA Mobile app balance is the same and includes the "Category Pending" charges. My USAA checking account transactions download normally. The checking account and credit card are setup / authorized using the EWC+ method and had been working fine from the time USAA switched over from Direct Connect.

Using Quicken for Windows Premier R48.8 Build 27.1.48.8 on Windows 11 Enterprise.
  • Jasmine93
    Jasmine93 Member ✭✭✭
    I've got the same problem with USAA credit card transaction downloads. Since 3/1/23, only one transaction has downloaded. It has the "category pending" status, so that may or may not be the problem. Can you give me a link to Quicken's announcement regarding "pending transactions"? My transactions are not pending, only the category.
  • Brand
    Brand Member ✭✭

Hi Jasmine! Yes, your observation is spot on! My experenice is as you state: the credit card transactions not downloading into Quicken are those that have the “category pending” designation in USAA's credit card register, despite that the transaction itself is no longer in the pending status. I agree that it would be very helpful to see Quicken's announcement. Thank you for sharing your insight!

This discussion has been closed.