Wells Fargo Connection Issues (yet again)

jcoley2
jcoley2 Member ✭✭✭✭

It seems from yesterday to today Wells Fargo bank accounts are no longer updating in Quicken on Update Feature.

Also I seem to also lost the ability to pay my bills as the “pay” function in “Check #” is completely gone (it was there yesterday and I used it.) Note I am using “Bank Bill Pay”.

I did try a “Reset Account” but it did not fix the issue. Any other ideas?

Best Answer

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓

Hello All,

We do now have an Active Alert regarding online banking errors with Wells Fargo. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Answers

• bnc0123
    bnc0123 Member ✭✭✭
    I am getting repeated errors OL-301-A and OL-294-A on Wells Fargo Bank and Wells Fargo Advisors accounts during one step update, just started today, Saturday March 11.
  • MayraM
    MayraM Member

I am getting error OL-204-A on Wells Fargo Bank starting this morning, Saturday, 3/11 around 8:50am. I tried twice with same results.

• MayraM
    MayraM Member

Correction… I am getting error OL-294-A on Wells Fargo Bank starting this morning, Saturday, 3/11 around 8:50am. I tried twice with same results.

• James Morrison
    James Morrison Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Wells is apparently correcting "missing deposits" problems from yesterday, reported on the news. Might be related. Happening to me, too.
  • ldroath
    ldroath Member ✭✭
    Same here in Fredericksburg, va. error OL-294-A
  • cjim
    cjim Member ✭✭
    I too am getting repeated errors OL-301-A and OL-294-A on Wells Fargo Advisors and Wells Fargo Bank accounts during one step update. Started today, Saturday March 11.
  • GermanBlueRam
    GermanBlueRam Member ✭✭✭✭

Wells Fargo is Direct Connect, WFB is Express Web Connect.

• GermanBlueRam
    edited March 2023

Second attempt with Wells Fargo Advisors, different error (I guess I will try again much later 😉):

• Scott Baines
    Scott Baines Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

i don't even get the message on the One Update Status screen anymore, that's been going on for a while. I can tell the download is failing but don't get the OL messages. Anyone else have the problem? My other accounts that use Web Connect Express do show up, only the Wells Accounts don't (Direct Connect).

• franks59
    franks59 Member ✭✭
    OL-294-A here as well starting Saturday morning 03/11/2023.
  • slkaplan
    slkaplan Member ✭✭
    Same 3/11/23 10AM
  • SK2020
    SK2020 Member ✭✭
    Wells Fargo Using direct connect and getting (Error Code: 16503). Began Saturday 3/11/2023
  • jcpistone
    jcpistone Member ✭✭
    I too am getting repeated errors OL-301-A and OL-294-A on Wells Fargo Advisors and Wells Fargo Bank accounts during one step update. Started today, Saturday March 11.
  • Johnweller
    Johnweller Member ✭✭✭

Same here, 3/11, 7:00am OL-294. Tried several times, same result.

• kbasore
    kbasore Member ✭✭

Same error here. I even tried to change my connection from Direct Connect to Quicken Connect, and it still will not update. With Quicken Connect I don't get any errors, but it will not download anything. FYI, when I was on Wells Fargo website yesterday, they had a message posted that said they were having issues with their website and data may be missing from accounts. That message is not on the website today, but I bet it is related.

• JRF2
    JRF2 Member ✭✭
    Wells Fargo accounts, yet again, not connecting.
    1.png 116.5K
    2.png 94.6K
  • JRF2
    JRF2 Member ✭✭
    > @JRF2 said:
    > Wells Fargo accounts, yet again, not connecting.

In the past I've learned that the issue is more with Wells Fargo = they change something on their end without letting Quicken know in advance, thus it takes Quicken a day or two to address the changes. Pretty sad on Wells Fargo's part if true.
  • GermanBlueRam

No error message anymore, but no March 10 transactions downloaded.

• Mark Rasmussen
    Mark Rasmussen Member ✭✭
    worked last night, but today, I am completely unable to connect to Wells Fargo. OFX Error: 16503. I can understand this happening infrequently, but this is becoming a daily/weekly event for multiple banks.
  • 1lilpig
    1lilpig Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue with Wells Fargo Advisors. Started this AM. Same OL-292B error code. Request invalid. Most likely WFA's problem. In the past that is where the problem usually lies. Any updates from the administrators? I don't see it on the list of known issues.
  • 1lilpig
    1lilpig Member ✭✭
    And can someone remind me how to take a screenshot of the page with the error? I can never seem to make it work.
  • DoityBoid
    DoityBoid Member

Yeah. It's AFU for me too. Error Code 16503- All my WF accounts won't synch.

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

• ldroath
    ldroath Member ✭✭
    Was able to get a Wells Fargo Rep. who said their Server is down. I am in VA.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Answer ✓

Hello All,

We do now have an Active Alert regarding online banking errors with Wells Fargo. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime.

-Quicken Jasmine

• vincentdv
    vincentdv Member

I am getting an OL-220-A error starting today when trying to update quicken linked to fidelity. Is this a known issue.

• jdsan
    jdsan Member

Anybody else having troubles downloading recent transactions from Wells Fargo?

• Derrick P
    Derrick P Member

I am having an invalid request error when trying to download transactions, it also has a number that I did not write down. This started today for me at 5pm EST.

This discussion has been closed.