Why stick with Quicken?

Options
chivilric
chivilric Member ✭✭
edited April 2023 in Before you Buy

How do you follow the future development roadmap for Quicken?

I'm increasingly frustrated by the number of persistent issues I encounter. For example, uncategorized transactions being improperly reported following upgrade to R45.xx and Capital One not functioning as an online biller. I'm also regularly frustrated by screen load times.

I expected more rapid deployment of improvements following the transition to an annual subscription. This happened but for the benefit of Mac users, mobile users and indivduals comfortable using online tools. I've not realized these beneifts as a desktop Windows user who wishes to keep account management offline.

I'd like to see increased transparency on future enhancements and fixes that have the highest prioirty so I can make an informed decision to stick with Quicken.

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@chivilric wrote: How do you follow the future development roadmap for Quicken? 

The only way is to see what's released as time passes. There is no announcement of what features or fixes are being worked on now, or in the future, nor when any particular items will be released.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Radmanboca standard fix for suddenly having a data file password on a file with no prior data file password is to restore a backup from before the issue started. Have you tried restoring a backup?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• smirussell
    smirussell Member ✭✭
    Options
    It is time for me to buy the annual renewal for my Quicken Home & Business. As far as updates to the program, there is really nothing new in recent years that would cause me to pay for a new version. The only reason I do it is to keep the ability to download data from my financial accounts into Quicken. However, Quicken broke the ability to download one of my Fidelity accounts back in September 2022 when they were making changes to how Chase does downloads. Basically, the issue is that one Fidelity account was changed in error from Direct Connect to EWC+ during the process -- it was actually labeled as a Chase account. I have delt with Quicken on the phone (as well as with Fidelity) and Quicken's response was that their "next report"/supervisor informed them that there was nothing further to be done and to manually download my transactions" in spite of having test files showing that their was no problem on the Fidelity end. This problem is well documented and I have been following it here:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7919006/fidelity-transactions-not-downloading/p7

Sadly, it appears that Quicken is doing nothing to resolve the issue.

Is this going to be fixed or do I stop buying updates?

Regards,

Philip Russell
    A long-time customer
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@smirussell This site is mostly fellow users who can't answer your question. Have you tried reaching out to Quicken Support again? It's been 6 months, and different Support representatives might come up with different information.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.