Quicken fails to download USAA account transactions

Options
Tonyfst
Tonyfst Member

I am running the earliest version of Quicken R47.15 build 27.1.47.15

Quicken will no longer download transactions from USAA. USAA method of download is “Direct Connect” base off of USAA FAQ Website.

I have used Quicken for years and when ADDING an account to quicken you were able to go to Tools->search for USAA-> Advanced Options and choose to either connect VIA Direct Connect or Express Web Connect+". You no longer have that option.

Now when you choose to connect to USAA or click on the Advance Option, quicken directs you to USAA linked web page, you then have to log in and authorize quicken to access your account. At this point it works fine with no errors and it even connects your accounts. The problem is that it auto connects VIA “Express Web Connect+” which is not supported by USAA. So, no transactions will download.

Quicken needs to give user the option to use "Direct Connect or Express Web Connect+", instead of automatically connecting with Express Web Connect.

I have contacted USAA and I have a ticket so still not sure who needs to fix the issue. Either USAA '''gives permission for users to connect VIA Express Web Connect +". USAA states that the link should be sending you to this URL

www.usaa.com/accessid

Instead Quicken sends you to a URL which connects you VIA “Express Web Connect+".

Comments

• Tonyfst
    Tonyfst Member
    Options

Quicken just released this ticket # (SEE BELOW)> Looking at my transactions they are all “pending” that would explain the transactions not downloading. After they clear I believe they will download and the good news is that the Express Web Connect+ is working and that you do not have to be connected VIA Direct Connect.

NEW 3/10/23 USAA - Transactions not downloading "Category Pending"

We have been receiving contacts from customers that their transactions are not downloading although they have cleared on the Finiancial Institution's website. However, we have noticed that some of these transactions show as "Category Pending".

If you are expereincing this, and if the transactions show as “Pending Category” on your Financial Institution's website; this means the transaction has not fully cleared. Please know that the transactions will download as soon as a category has been assigned to the transaction.

Thanks!

Ticket #10102740

-Quicken Janean

• Tonyfst
    Tonyfst Member
    Options

disregard, I am still having a download issue as stae above with the original post

• osdiaz
    osdiaz Member ✭✭
    Options
    The Quicken Connect type for USAA downloads is getting the correct online balance but the posted (not pending) transactions are not getting downloaded. Last time I got transactions downloaded was March 5.
This discussion has been closed.