Quicken is erratically and not downloading at all in any account

Fran101
Fran101 Member ✭✭
Whether I reset or deactivate the connection and re-connect, my transactions are not downloading. I don't know what else to do. I validate and super validate with no errors found. It is taking me hours to reconcile some of my accounts because of the erratic downloading making my registers inaccurate. I am looking for any helpful suggestion. With all of the posts on this site, I don't understand how this can keep going on! Is there any tech support reading these posts???

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello @Fran101,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. Which financial institution(s) are you experiencing this issue with? What is the connection method with said financial institution(s)? You can see the connection method by navigating to Tools > Account List. Are you receiving any error codes or messages? What exactly occurs when attempting to download transactions? How long has this issue been occurring?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Fran101
    Fran101 Member ✭✭
    This is worse than ever now! I copied my quicken file with a different date range and a different name to shrink the size of the file and just have more current data. I always do this about every year to year and a half. Here's what's happening: I can't do anything at all with my Capital One 360 accounts. Whatever function I select grays out the whole screen and I am unable to do anything. All I can do is go into task manager and close quicken that way. I had to set up every account for one step update which I never had to do before in all of my history. The downloads were awful. My FNBO credit card downloaded the transactions. When I go to match them many of the transactions in my register do not even appear. Also, I am not able to reconcile.

This is a mess. I've never seen anything like this. I can't even set up some of my accounts because it's asking me for information that I don't have, and I have to wait for the banks to respond. This is really a shame. Bring back the old Quicken that worked. This Quicken is way to hard to figure out and takes way too long to keep records, which defeats the whole purpose of the program.

If anybody is reading this and can offer anything, please do. I would really appreciate!
  • Patrick401
    Patrick401 Unconfirmed, Member
    Quicken will not download transactions beyond a certain date. I reinstalled but the downloads stop at Sept 2022. How do I get Quicken to download the balance of my transactions?
  • Fran101
    Fran101 Member ✭✭
    True, it's not downloading everything. My registers are all messed up.
  • Fran101
    Fran101 Member ✭✭
    Jasmine, my connection with all of my accounts is the express web connect. It's just not behaving right. It's not capturing all the transactions, and therefore my accounts do not reconcile as it's not reading the register. Capital One is not able to do anything. I stated above and no matter what function I click on, the whole screen grays out, and I am forced to close quicken and through task manager. Another account that I frequently use is First National Bank of Omaha credit card, and it's just as messed up as Capital One accounts. When I do a download it says counts updated zero transactions. That's incorrect. I tried downloading from the website register. I don't know how that's going to work out yet. Other accounts that I have are Barclays savings, Marcus Goldman Sachs, NASA Federal Credit Union, USB Direct, Capital One of course, Dime Community Bank. They're all messed up. I hope you come back to read this, I hope there's a solution to this. I think if we go backwards to one quick and work that would be great. I anxiously await to hear from you.
  • Quicken Jasmine

Hello @Fran101 and @Patrick401,

Thank you for joining this thread and for providing more information.

First, I suggest that you sign out of your data file completely and then sign back in. In doing so, you will refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. Please follow the steps below in order to do so.

1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out 
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 

Please let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Fran101
    Fran101 Member ✭✭
    Jasmine, I followed your instructions. They did not help. I'm trying to get my Capital One account to download and once again no matter what I try no matter what selection I make I agrees out the whole screen and I have to shut the program down in task manager. I don't know what else to do.
  • Quicken Jasmine

Hello @Fran101,

Thank you for reaching back out and for attempting those troubleshooting steps.

Due to the nature of this issue and the previous troubleshooting steps having failed, we recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance.

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that we could not be of more assistance.

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.