Navy Federal Credit Union

johnodrake
johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭
There was a previous issue in which, when using the one step update process, the two factor authentication was required twice.  That issue was resolved.  That issue has returned with the latest update to Quicken.

Comments

• johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭
    Is this issue being addressed by Quicken?  I have not seen any response.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Is this issue being addressed by Quicken?  I have not seen any response.
    Hello @johnodrake,   

We are sorry about this problem with online banking services and continual authorization. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

If you have the chance, you could save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted. 

You may then add your Navy Federal Credit Union-associated accounts by navigating to the Add Account button in the upper left-hand side of the screen, denoted by the '+' symbol. Let us know if you see the same problem with repeated authorization requests occurring in the test data file once this is attempted. 

Let us know more about your results, if you can.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have done that previously when this issue was first seen several months ago.  It had no affect on the issue.  Moreover, at the moment I ma using, on my backup machine, the previous revision of Quicken, R45.21 Build 27.1.45.21.  I am doing so because of an issue with R46.9 which causes the status column in Manage Reminders view to only display bill/reminders with the status "upcoming".  The bills/reminders with status paid, complete or received are not displayed.  

Rev 45.21 has the same issue with NFCU.  It was not related to a Quicken version with it first occurrence and it is not now.  This is an issue between NFCU and Quicken back end.
  • johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭
    I just now updated my primary machine to Quicken Rev R46.12.  While this update corrected the issue with the Status Column in Bills and Income Reminders (thanks) it had no effect on the issue with the necessity of doing the two step authentication with NFCU
  • johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭
    In using One Step update and Update now, the action showed complete but did not download anything.  I had to resort to downloading transactions from the NFCU site.

It still requires two iterations of the two step authentication to complete.

NFCU is also using Express Web Connect. All of the download issues I am experiencing are associated with institutions using Express Web Connect as the connection method.  The sites that are using Express Web Connect are Chase (no issues yet)  CITI Corp (often shows error)  Cominity Bank (shows complete but does not download data) and NFCU.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Hello @johnodrake,   

We are sorry about these problems with online banking services that seem to continue. Thank you for bringing us updates about this situation. 

If these issues with Navy Federal Credit Union are continuing across multiple data files after performing tests using the instructions provided previously, then it will be necessary to reach out to Quicken Support. You can do this with the information provided in this link. They will need to document and troubleshoot this issue in greater details with the resources and tools uniquely available to them. I wish that I could provide a resolution from the Quicken Community, but this represents the next necessary step in addressing this issue.

I hope that this is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭
    The only issue with Express Web Connect user institutions is with Navy FCU wherein it continues to always require two iterations of Two Factor Authentication to complete the download.  Other than that issue, today Navy FCU operated as expected.  I will reach out to Quicken Support when I have the time to devote.  Of note, this issue as occurred previously and eventually resolved without my intervention.
  • smeyer
    smeyer Member
    I am a 1-=yrs + user of Mint and looking to switch because of the same issues I am seeing in this discussion group. They reoccur way too often. Considering Quicken, but if the same issues are happening in Quicken, then I (1) believe the issue is an NFCU issue and/or (2) don't see any advantage switching now. Thanks
  • johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭
    Another issue with NFCU this morning.  I never received the text message providing the two factor identification code.  The fact that there is no cancel option for One Step Update caused me to have to use the task manager to stop Quicken and then reload Quicken to continue.
  • Ray D
    Ray D Member ✭✭
    I'm getting no prompt to enter delivery method for two factor identification when I try to download from NFCU. Encountered this problem yesterday and it is still there today.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @johndrake and @Ray D

I am not seeing any problems with the NFCU 2FA routine.  Downloads have been consistent including 2FA.

Which release of Quicken are you on?  @johnodrake - When did this problem start for you?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭

Using R47.15

Been on going for weeks now. This is the second time that this issue has happened. The first resolved itself after several weeks. This second iteration of the issue was reported on Jan 10 2023. It does not prevent download, it is just a pitt to have to do the two factor twice.

• studpup
    studpup Windows Beta Beta

Most banks that do 2FA do it once when you add them, and it doesn't require repeated verification every day. Is there a way to get Navy Federal to do the same, or is this thread basically having to do it twice per day? I get prompted every day, but only once per day. Thanks!

wags Glad to be here!

• johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭

On 11 March, doing the OSU, NFCU operated as expected - e.g. a single 2FA was all that was required. Today, Sunday March 12 I am back to having to do two 2FA to complete the action.

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi again @johnodrake

As I noted above, I am not seeing those issues for NFCU, but I am still running an older version (because of other issues, not this one).

I suspect that the problems you are seeing may be related to later versions, so you may want to consider reverting to an earlier version.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭

the issue does not prevent connection or down load. It is simply, well, weird.

• johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭

Just an update. Navy FCU is still requiring two iterations of two factor authentication to complete the OSU or an update from within the account.

This discussion has been closed.