Fidelity NetBenefits (Q Mac)

aardvarker
aardvarker Member ✭✭
I've seen other posts where Quicken users are having connection issues with Fidelity NetBenefits starting in early March 2023.

My issue is different: When I connect, the balances that are displayed in Quicken are different (less) than what I see when logged in to Fidelity directly. This is by about half. It appears to be downloading only one of two investments I have there.

macOS
Version 6.12.3 (Build 612.47885.100)

Comments

• I have a Fidelity 401k. My funds there are divided into 2 different Fidelity funds. When I download to Quicken, only one of the two funds downloads Can you help? Thanks
  • Hello @glazerman

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the Fidelity 401k account(s) to see if the same issue occurs with only one fund downloading. You can create a test file by navigating to File > New > Start from Scratch. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding (just in case). 

Please let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jcarolan
    jcarolan Member ✭✭

I have the same problem. My fidelity brokerage account downloads fine. My Fidelity Netbenefits account does not. Both use the same userid and password. Something is failing with the Netbenefits download.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello @jcarolan,

Thank you for joining this thread to share that you are also experiencing this issue.

Would you mind attempting a test file using the instructions in my previous response?

Please let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Andrew Hodes
    Andrew Hodes Mac Beta Beta

I had Quicken stop updating price history for one of my 401k holdings with NetBenefits. Digging in to what Fidelity is sending back (from Quicken's logs), it seems that Fidelity stopped sending a “UNIQUEID” for one of them which might be the cause. (They also changed the ID on the other one which caused my holdings to be duplicated until I cleaned it up). I suspect your issue might be related.

I reached out to Fidelity with details of what I found and am waiting to hear back.

• BrianG
    BrianG Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue as Andrew where all of my holdings are duplicated.
  • aardvarker
    aardvarker Member ✭✭
    I had the holdings-duplicated issue as well and thought I'd fix it by deleting and re-adding the account. That's when Quicken started showing data from only one of the two funds I have in NetBenefits. It also now annoyingly asks for SMS confirmation for each update.
  • bgl101
    bgl101 Member ✭✭

I have the same issue with all mutual funds in my NetBenefits account are being duplicated due to something occuring between the two platforms (Quicken and Fidelity) not identifying that those securities are already contained in my register. I seem to be describing what is being described by others here. Have tried mutliple steps to see if it can be resolved, but the issue continues every time I sync. Is there a fix in the works for this?

Version 6.12.3 (Build 612.47885.100)

• jcarolan
    jcarolan Member ✭✭

it appears there is a ticket open for this (Ticket #10095080). Hopefully this gets resolved soon.

• I am also having the duplication of all of my mutual funds within NetBenefits. I have two other accounts with Fidelity and they do not have this problem.

• dwvaughn
    dwvaughn Member ✭✭
    I've been having this issue as well for the last few days. The mutual funds in my Netbenefits 401K have all been duplicated and I can tell which ones have been added as they have no cost basis. I thought maybe I could just delete the ones that were added incorrectly, but haven't been able to figure out how to do that. Based on what others are saying I think I'll just leave it alone until there is some kind of resolution.
  • hurwi
    hurwi Mac Beta Beta

Quicken only downloaded about half of the transactions in my Fidelity account too. It downloaded 5 instead of 9. I had to enter the other 4 manually.

• tcarlile
    tcarlile Member

I'm having the same issue on Quicken for Mac. My fidelity 401k has three funds, but only one appears in the portflio view. When I delete the account and try to add it again, in the account selection dialog, the balance is correct, but once it's imported and in the accounts list only one fund is shown.

I've tried creating a test file as described and get the same behavior.

I do not belive the ticket listed above references this issue.

• seqkn
    seqkn Member ✭✭
    I am also experiencing the duplication of all mutual funds in NetBenefits.
  • ST
    ST Member ✭✭
    In addition to duplication and only downloading one of two funds, I have an account at Fidelity and my spouse also has an account at Fidelity, both were originally through AT&T and they both have the same plan number. The two accounts constantly intermingle the balances between the accounts. And yes, each of them have different logon id and password credentials. Not a problem with getting things mixed up logging on to the Fidelity web site, things are correct there. Things just go sideways when Quicken (Mac) connects to Netbenefits. The mixing of the two different accounts has been going on for months and months with typical pointing of the finger by Quicken at Fidelity and no resolution.
  • FarisHat
    FarisHat Member

I disabled online updates for NetBenefits. Quicken is horrible.

• Ted Amling
    Ted Amling Member

I have the duplicaiton error also. I turned off the updates to the offending accounts and marked them as “hide” and “keep seperate” until this is sorted out. I then re-added the netbenefits acounts (I have two and FHS and a 401K) and they both added correctly (mostly, to funds are off slightly). Curioulsy quicken would only add them with the “simplifed” update option, so no transaction details- just fund updates. This may be a “fix” until the bug is worked out, IDK. In the meantime any accounts that make transfers to those offending accounts will still work correctly. This is the first I have had any issues with quicken in over 30 years so I am optemistic it will get fixed. I do notice some odd behavior on the web between my Fidelity.com account and my nb.fidelity.com accounts. I linked them about a year ago and continue to have issues with passwords between the two from time to time…probably not related at all but does tell me fidelity is treating these differently with differnt login/password credentials.

• mo.moslehi
    mo.moslehi Member

Hi,

For days my NetBenefits account was not updated, so I removed them and tried to connect to Quicken again and again, but It's not been connected yet. I received a ticket ID, Ticket ID 10105311, for tracking my issues.

• technogod99
    technogod99 Member ✭✭
    This has been dragging on for over a week with no updates. Does anybody at Quicken or Fidelity know what the problem is?
  • tjacques9
    tjacques9 Member

I had this issue then deleted the 401k from quicken and re-added it. That resolved the double-count issue, but now I'm not able to see the portfolio history of the past 3+ years that I have always been able to see. Is there any way to get that portfolio history back?

• technogod99
    technogod99 Member ✭✭
    My issue isn't double entry. I can't connect. I've done the usual reset and deactivate. The same as multiple other people.
  • jon857
    jon857 Member ✭✭✭

Seems I am late to the issue described above. I am experiencing the same issues! This is (fortunately) only messing up my NetBenefits 401k account and not the associated brokeragelink or brokerage account. With the NetBenefits account, upon updating transactions, I find duplicate security entries that have a 2 at the end of the description. My temporary fix is to go to the transactions window for this account, scroll to the very first entry date and there I find an entry for each security that was duplicated indicating TYPE = Add Shares. These transactions are in a light gray font. Delete all of these extraneous entries to restore the propoer share balances.

• bgl101
    bgl101 Member ✭✭

Agreed on the described temporary solution; go to beginning entry in that Quicken account for NetBenefits and delete last entires indicating "Add Shares". The one benefit this has provided me is drawing me over to this Support site for Quicken. Other than this issue, I have never experienced issues with Quicken for Mac. Awesome product, and several years ago, before Quicken had a real viable product for the Mac, Quicken was the only program that kept me on a PC. Thankful for their focus on the Mac version.

• SK2020
    SK2020 Member ✭✭
    There was a quicken software update this morning (6.12 for Mac) but did not fix the duplicate securities issue
  • rbhug
    rbhug Member

I am also having an issue with my Netbenefits 401K. The last update to the share price was on March 6 and the last transactions into my 401K that happened on March 8 were not downloaded into quicken. I confirmed that quicken is logging into the 401k account at Fidelity, just nothing getting transmitted.

As mentioned by SK2020 above, this morning's Quicken update did not resolve the issue.

Does anyone know if Fidelity and/or Quicken is actively working on this?

• rbhug
    rbhug Member

Disregard my question above - I see the official post now

• snowland
    snowland Member ✭✭

Quicken Mac: We have several accounts at Fidelity and the NetBenefits account will not show as a Direct Connect along with the other Brokerage accounts. I've tried using the NetBenefits connection in quicken which only provided summary information at CASH value. It did not show any Security/Payee names. We have used the Direct connection for all accounts since 2/2015 with no issues and has now failed in 2/2023. Please identify what has changed in the Direct and Quicken Connection in regards to how we download transactions from Fidelity. Thank you.

• dsohemi
    dsohemi Member

I have two fidelity accounts, one is 401K the other is HSA. The 401K will not direct connect. Tried resetting, etc, everything short of deleating and reloading, but I dont want to lose my history. Any patch coming ?

• Mark_L
    Mark_L Member ✭✭
    I tried deleting and re-adding my NetBenefits 401K. It reconnected, but only the non-Fidelity accounts are downloading into my portfolio, so my balance is way off
This discussion has been closed.