Transaction changes I made are lost after downloading again

Larry A.
Larry A. Member ✭✭

When updating a transaction category for a transaction that was downloaded from our checking account, after downloading/syncing again, the transaction gets overwritten with the original values. The changes I made to the category were lost. It seems to only happen to the ones with the blue dot that need to be reviewed. Even marking these transactions as reviewed gets reset after downloading again. Anyone have a way to fix this?

I am using Quicken for Mac Deluxe Version 6.12.4 (Build 612.47934.100)

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

Are you using Mobile Sync? It sounds as if the cloud is overwriting the local database. May have to do with the timing of accessing the computer file vs the mobile app. There are many reports of issues like this with mobile sync which is why I have mine turned off and never used (and therefore, I don't have direct experience with it). If you have Sync turned on (in Settings > Connected Services), try turning it off and see if this resolves.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Larry A.
    Larry A. Member ✭✭

I am not using Mobile Sync and after hearing your story I will be sure not to use it.

• Larry A.
    Larry A. Member ✭✭

I've reported this and another related problem to the Quicken development team. I hope they are able to identify the bug and get it fixed soon. We are not able to process our downloaded transactions due to this bug.

• Larry A.
    Larry A. Member ✭✭

@Quicken Jasmine Any thoughts on this issue?

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

Are there any QuickFill or Renaming Rules for the payees for which this is happening?

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Larry A.
    Larry A. Member ✭✭
    No, this happens to all transactions. Even the reviewed state of the transactions are being reset.
  • Larry A.
    Larry A. Member ✭✭
    There is a workaround for this bug that I tried and it helped. By clicking the Reset button on the Cloud Account in the Preferences window, it no longer was overwriting transactions. Hopefully, this bug will get resolved and others will not run into this.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

Yes, @Larry A. hit on a key step. First, make sure your Quicken's settings have Sync set to Off. Then click the Reset button for your Quicken Cloud account. This should prevent Quicken from overwriting your existing data.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.