Constantly being prompted to reauthorize USAA accounts

Options
System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: USAA Reauthorization not linking accounts correctly.

Comments

• kaymon8687
    kaymon8687 Member ✭✭
    Options

Last week Quicken installed an update. Since then every time I update my accounts I am asked to reauthorize my USAA accounts. This happens even though the accounts have been reauthorized. This process, which was supposed to the time to download accounts, has added additional time and hassle. How do I stop it from happening?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @kaymon8687,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Usually this happens because Quicken is still seeing accounts with USAA that are not reauthorized. This could be due to accidentally creating duplicate accounts when reauthorizing or due to old accounts that are no longer in use. The reauthorize prompt will tell you the account names that its seeing haven't been reauthorized yet. It will show the financial institution in bold and the account names beneath it.

You would want to write down or screenshot those account names. Make sure you have a recent backup of your file; when in doubt, create a backup. Then go to Tools, Account List. Look for those account names (and check to see if there are any extra, newly added accounts connected to USAA).

If those accounts are closed or no longer in use, you would hit the edit button next to the account name, click on the Online Services tab, and hit the Deactivate button to deactivate the account. Do that for each closed/inactive account that Quicken says needs to be reauthorized and that should get rid of the reauthorization prompt.

If those accounts are active/in use, you'd want to check for duplicates of those accounts. If you can find duplicates, you will want to deactivate the duplicates and the original account. Go to Tools>Add Account and go through the authorization process with USAA. Once you've authorized and you're back in Quicken, it should have you on the add/link screen. On the left, it will show the account names as they come in from USAA. Then it will list account type, nickname in Quicken, and the action (add, link to existing, or don't add). Make sure it is seeing the correct name in Quicken to download into. If it isn't seeing the correct name (or if its trying to add), hit the dropdown, select link to existing, and select the correct name from the list. If it says Don't Add to Quicken, then it thinks the account is already connected and the nickname in Quicken that its showing is the account it thinks its connected to.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• rhstreet4045
    Options

Quicken team,

I am having the same issue and have checked for the above. I don't have any duplicates or unlinked accounts. Each time I have done this, I have linked all available accounts to the proper nicknamed accounts, and there are no extras or duplicates. Still, Quicken keeps asking me to reauthorize. I have done it twice now. Something else is going on.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @rhstreet4045,

Since that troubleshooting did not help, I would recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.