Unable to Update PayPal Accounts (QMAC)

JoeyMaggard
JoeyMaggard Member ✭✭✭

I'm getting the error only on PayPal accounts. I follow the reconnect prompt and Quicken tells me it couldn't find any accounts to add. But I can go to the PayPal website, the accounts are definitely there, my password is correct. Any suggestions? Is this just me or is anyone else having this problem.

Comments

• DeanAHoule
    DeanAHoule Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023

This week my Paypal Credit account stopped syning. My regular Paypal account syncs fine. I tried to reconnect the download, and after entering Username / Password… I get the message "Quicken coundn't find any accounts to add". Anyone know what happen or what I am doing wrong.

• Paul Gerardi
    Paul Gerardi Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @JoeyMaggard,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you don't mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error you receive? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• glopezpadro
    glopezpadro Member

Same here and after trying everything without luck, I deleted them.

Guess what, now I can't add them back. It just adds Crypto and Banking, but NO Savings, NO MasterCard and NO Credit.

Somebody broke something on Quicken's side.

• Paul Gerardi
    Paul Gerardi Member ✭✭
    Called Quicken & they are blaming Paypal, tried saying they never were never able to connect to Paypal but I have been for years
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• floydfan
    floydfan Member ✭✭
    Same issue here.
  • JoeyMaggard
    JoeyMaggard Member ✭✭✭

I'm getting a different error message today. It appears to be a connection error now.Here is a screen shot.

• Dave1234
    Dave1234 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

[Removed - Windows/Duplicate]

• rodney1259
    rodney1259 Member ✭✭
    I'm having problems also since yesterday. I'm on a Mac.
  • Same issue now for two days! Please let us users know why, when fix is available, etc.

• cmccoy15
    cmccoy15 Member

Same issue here; not finding any accounts…but they are most definitely there. Screen shot attached.

• Paul Gerardi
    Paul Gerardi Member ✭✭
    screenshot attached
  • igor74
    igor74 Member ✭✭

I'm having the same problem. Attached is the pop-up I get when I try to re-establish the service.

• Bill Chip Smith
    Bill Chip Smith Member ✭✭
    I was having the same problem. Today I connected through PayPay and not PayPay Credit, Mastercard............ I authorized Quicken to access my data and I connected to my Paypal Credit Card. It did download a payment I made as a charge. It has done that before but I just delete it.
  • brewtoo64
    brewtoo64 Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Same problem here!
  • dpsychs
    dpsychs Member

same problem here. It was syncing fine last week, this week it won't connect to my paypal credit card. Says it can't find any accounts. How do I get on a list to be notified when it's fixed?

• bzargarcia
    bzargarcia Member ✭✭✭
    Having the same problem on Mac. I created a new thread before I found this one.
  • Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue is a bug that has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can track the status of this issue by bookmarking this Community Alert.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• dc9husker
    dc9husker Member

I also stopped being able to connect to Paypal Mastercard after being able to for months. here is my screenshot

• cdodsonva
    cdodsonva Member ✭✭
    Having the same issue. Tried to reset the connection. No luck.
  • NormQkn
    NormQkn Member ✭✭

Having same problem 3/20/2023

• bzargarcia
    bzargarcia Member ✭✭✭
    working for me now
  • hamamatsu
    hamamatsu Member

Ha! Tried it and thought "cool, it's fixed" Prompted me for phone number, sent a code, took the code and then "An unexpected error occurred, please try again later: QCS_SERVER_ERROR"

On another, but somewhat related front, I finally had to give up on getting anything related to quick pay via ebill to work for me. Failure after failure after failure. And now, the saga of trying to hook up to PayPal Credit continues… to fail!

• bzargarcia
    bzargarcia Member ✭✭✭
    that sucks. My 2FA is via an authentication app like Google Authenticator, maybe only that side is working.
  • JoeyMaggard
    JoeyMaggard Member ✭✭✭

Well, Quicken thinks it's syncing my PayPal MasterCard account, but it is not downloading transactions. It has just stopped reporting an error. Is there something I need to do on my end after the fix was implemented?

This discussion has been closed.