Chase Accounts Not working

[Removed - Profanity] is going with Chase accounts (again). Download says my account has been deleted by Chase which isn't the case as I can log on Chase account. Tired of all of the download issues. With the price we pay annually everything should work!!

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello @tom.strader,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments. 

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• KEM528
    KEM528 Member

My 3 Chase (First USA) credit card accounts haven't downloaded in a couple of weeks despite transactions across the accounts. After running the updates, it says under the account register header, “Last Download March 12, 2023 - 1:21 p.m. (Express Web Connect +)” but there are no downloaded transactions (and no, they are not pending on the bank site). It seems to connect and “download” but not grab any transactions. AMEX and Capital One working fine. The manual QFX download from the Chase credit card site works.

• mail@
    mail@ Member

My accounts are a mess, not downloading correctly and causing all kinds of problems. What is happening at Quicken!! This applies to Chase & USAA accounts.

• rpgarrett75703
    rpgarrett75703 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

CC-800 just happened again. Had to go through the deactivate/reactivate all of my Chase accounts to fix it. Quicken needs to fix this ASAP. Too many people are experiencing the same problem for it to be just "MY" problem.

Clicking the "Fix It" button doesn't really fix anything that's why I had to go through the deactivate/reactivate process for all of my Chase accounts to fix it. Discover (EWC) and Citi (Direct Connect) work just fine. Today, prior to the CC-800 message the Chase accounts weren't updating. The deactivate/reactivate process fixes the problem temporarily but it usually reappears in a few days.

• rcsfca
    rcsfca Member

Another Chase VISA download failure for the record to be investigated by Quicken:

All activity between Feb 2 2023 through Mar 9 2023 was not downloaded when doing so using One Step Update . Of interest, all the transactions BEFORE and AFTER those dates was captured and downloaded correctly by One Step Updatee.

I noticed the data gap and logged into my Chase account to check the Chase website for problems like a corporate hack, etc.

All my account information and activity was there. Of note, the missed data set did NOT correspond to my monthly Chase Statement Date, which is the 18th of each month.

• Skip2
    Skip2 Member ✭✭

I've been having the samew issues with Chazse accounts.

Todays message is different from the last several consequitive days (been happening maybe a week).

• soil007
    soil007 Member ✭✭

I am having the same problem as rpgarrett75703, I get a CC-800 message on my Chase Accounts, tried the fix seems to make the problem worse, tried doing 1 account at a time, now accounts do not match , tells me not to add to Quicken instead of link to account, its even trying to match my accounts with accounts I dont use anymore !! very strange, I have been using Quicken for many years never seen this many problems !

• sdl722
    sdl722 Member ✭✭
    Had a similar issue where some of my Chase credit accounts were not updating. Tried to reset the accounts and not all of them will show up as an option to connect to Quicken (2 of the 5 cards are missing). So I have 2 Chase cards that I can't connect back to Quicken and can't download transactions.
  • rpgarrett75703
    edited March 2023

Quicken is not downloading any Chase transactions today. There are no error messages and OSU looks like it completes successfully. When I go to the Chase website I can see there are cleared transactions that should have been downloaded. When I go to the Account List in Quicken and check my 4 Chase accounts the "Last Download" date for each account is yesterday March 13, 2023. All of my other non-Chase accounts update successfully including Discover that uses EWC (not EWC+ like Chase). Quicken and/or Chase needs to fix this problem ASAP. This is going on for several weeks now. Instead I had to manually download the transactions from the Chase website. If OSU no longer works for Chase it makes me wonder why I should continue to use Quicken. Quicken is suppose to be able to increase productivity not decrease it.

• Tonkaman
    Tonkaman Member

Same issue here. None of my Chase accounts have downloaded since March 2nd. One Step Update shows successful download, no errors. But each account shows Last Download date of March 2nd.

• taylor924
    taylor924 Member

I have two Chase credit card accounts that are not downloading. One account is not listed when I use the link to log into Chase to authorize Quicken access. The other account is listed for Quicken access, but when I try to download, it is not there.

HELP!!!

• Butch Staley
    Butch Staley Member ✭✭
    having a similar issue. 3 chase accounts working for years just fine, now 1 of the 3 is 'deleted' and I cannot connect it back into Quicken. I go through the authorization process on the Chase site, and it lists all 3 accounts just fine as it should, and then when I get back to the Quicken side it only shows the 2 working accounts and the 3rd is not listed at all so I cannot reconnect it by any means.
  • I am having the exsact same issue with Chase. No error messages, It said its updated.. but it clearly hasn't.

• vikingsail
    vikingsail Member ✭✭
    Just starting having the same cc-800 error. Waiting for an anwser.
  • mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭

Yes, same here. CC-800 just started again today. Can't believe I'm paying for the privilege of these constant online issues. Sigh.

• rpgarrett75703

I was getting the CC-800 error message regularly. I also was missing some downloaded transactions. I tried Deactivating/Reactivating all of my Chase accounts. That appeared to fix it temporarily but the problem later returned. Quicken was of no help. This is what worked for me so it's worth a try. The first thing I tried was to uninstall/reinstall Quicken. That didn't seem to do anything as the problem still existed. I then thought perhaps my Quicken file was corrupted even tough validate didn't produce any errors. So what I did was to make a Quicken file copy (not a Windows copy).

When you do a Quicken file copy all of your Quicken data is retained with the exception of the online services information. The online service information for all of your accounts is not carried over to the copied file. It's as if they were never set up in the first place. Then all I had to do was set up all of my Chase accounts for online services as well as 3 other accounts. After that everything started working again. It's been over 2 1/2 weeks without any problems. I can't say it will work for you but it's worth a try and it's simple to do since Quicken doesn't seem to be providing any solutions or help.

• vikingsail
    vikingsail Member ✭✭
    Seems to be fixed this morning after I reported the problem directly to quicken yesterday.
  • Jim Stickler
    Jim Stickler Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem. A message displayed that my Chase accounts had been deleted. Then the window to reauthorize appeared. When I reauthorized, nothing happened and now I am unable to connect to Chase. What is happening with Quicken? This problem should be the highest status to fix.
    How do I get help?
  • I have 4 Chase accounts. Once account won't add but this is what it prompts to without giving me an option.

• I have an IDENTICAL problem….????

• dschlabig
    dschlabig Member

When will Quicken actually post an anwer? My reactivation just keeps spinning and cpinning!

• dschlabig
    dschlabig Member

The access to chase states

Your accounts have been authorized successfully!

You will now be redirected back to Quicken. If you are not redirected in a
    few seconds, you can close this window and return to Quicken.

That never happens, thus Quicken doesn't complete the process as it is waiting for teh redirect to Quicken.

Pretty frustrating. I've used Q for 20 years, but the service goes down and the price goes up.

• TimeCitizen
    TimeCitizen Member ✭✭
    This issue started happening to me as well this morning. I get a CC-800 error and when I try to fix it by reauthorizing the account again it never really does and I get another error, so now my Chase account is not connected anymore.
  • rpgarrett75703

I was having the same issues. But after performing the steps in my March 31st post I no longer have any issues. It's been over a month with no issues. I haven't tried this but try signing in as a different user:

1. Choose Edit menu > Preferences.
    2. In the left pane, select Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts.
    3. In the right pane, under Quicken Profile, click Sign in as a different User.
    4. In the Sign in as a different user dialog, enter yes to confirm the action.
    5. Select Sign Out.

You'll be using the same Quicken ID as you were previously signed in as so technically your not signing in as a different user just signing out and back in. But as I stated doing a Quicken file copy as described in my March 31st post fixed all my issues. Your mileage may vary but it's worth a try and in both cases it's easy to do.

• bobbyburb
    bobbyburb Member ✭✭

My checkingand savings accounts update normally, but my credit card accounts disconnect and all efforts to reconnect fail. I spent an hour on the phone with Quicken support this morning and the issue is till unresolved. I'm not getting any error messages, the Chase reconnect procedure runs and assures me that it was successful, but the accounts still show that they are deactivated in the Quicken accounts list.

The problem appeared a few weeks ago and a Quicken support tech fixed it. Now it's happened again, and I can't get it resoved.

• TimeCitizen
    TimeCitizen Member ✭✭
    I reported the issue to Quicken who asked me to go through the whole deauthorization/reauthorzation process (even though I told them I already did with no success) so I told them I would try again later today, then after I was done with them I tried to update the account once again and this time the transactions downloaded as expected. Perhaps it was a temporary issue that fixed itself.
  • bobbyburb
    bobbyburb Member ✭✭
    This issue appears to be fixed on my account as of yesterday.
This discussion has been closed.