Ally Bank adding accounts to Quicken

Options
wkersey
wkersey Member ✭✭

For two months now I have tried to add Ally Bank accounts to Quicken. I end up having to manually add them since everytime I try through Quicken, I get an error saying the Quicken Servers are not available not, try later.

When will the Quicken Server ever be available to add accounts automatically again?

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @wkersey,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Is this happening only with Ally Bank, or is this happening with every financial institution you try to add to your Quicken? f you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• wkersey
    wkersey Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have not added accounts from other banks lately. I might be in a few weeks. It has happened when I attempted to add new CD accounts from Ally on 12-15-2022 and 3-15-2023. After trying multiple times over a few days for the Quicken Servers to be available to connect, I gave up and manually added the accounts. The same issue happens when I try to set up online downloads on the new accounts so I am tracking them manually. ALL my Ally accounts show an error in One Step Update that says Ally has a new pop-up. There is not a new pop-up from Ally. ALL my Ally accounts I added before December 2022 actually update fine even though the error says there is an issue with all 9 accounts. All the errors in Quicken over the last few years have become so frustrating. Back before we were charged yearly I never had an issue. If it wasn't for the fact that I have over 20 years of history in Quicken, I would dump the product. Unfortunately, my subscription renews on April 15th and I will hold my nose and pay it once again.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

For the CC-508 error you are seeing, since you said there are no pop-ups on the financial institution website requiring your attention, the next troubleshooting steps would be:

1. Close Quicken.
    2. Clear Internet History & Cookies.  
      1. Click the Start button and select Control Panel. In Windows 10, the Control Panel is located in the Windows System folder in the Start menu.
      2. Select Network and Internet > Internet Options.
      3. Under Browsing history, click Delete.
      4. Make sure there is a check next to Temporary Internet Files. The other checkmarks are optional.
      5. Click Delete.
      6. Then click OK when done.
    3. Log in to your financial institution's website and accept Cookies and any security measures, as requested by the site.
    4. Open Quicken and try your update again.

It is also a good idea to check the security level you have set up for your system since if it is set too high, it may not be retaining the proper cookies to continue functioning with your financial institution.

For the CC-501 error, since it has been persisting longer than 24 hours, it is recommended that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.