Cloud Sync Error

Options
LittleMasti
LittleMasti Member ✭✭
I've been getting this error for the past few days. Recently, I reset the cloud data. I'm not sure if there is an issue on my end. Any advice or help will be highly appreciated.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @LittleMasti,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

To clarify, you are receiving a Cloud Sync error and have attempted to reset the cloud data thus far?

If so, then I suggest that you sign out of your data file completely and then sign back in. In doing so, you will refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services.

Please follow the steps below in order to do so.

1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out 
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 

Please let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• LittleMasti
    LittleMasti Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Thank you - I did that it is working now but here new error!
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @LittleMasti,

Thank you for your reply. I'm glad the orginal error was resolved. This new error looks like it is transaction specific. What I would recommend is backup your file first, then try deleting the transaction and putting the transaction back in manually.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• LittleMasti
    LittleMasti Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you so much for your time and attention, but I believe there are over 100 entries dating back to 2017. Manually doing it will require unnecessary effort. Is it possible to delete or archive all entries? So that it just stops bothering me.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Yes, it is possible to manually delete or archive those entries.

First, if the entries are all from old/inactive/closed accounts that do not need to be synced, you can just go to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web, click the blue link next to accounts, and unselect those accounts with the problem transactions.

Next, if any of the accounts with problem transactions are active/still in use and need to stay synced with the cloud, follow the process below:

It is recommended that you backup your file first so you have something to revert back to if you do not get the desired result.

You can use the regular keyboard shortcuts to select multiple transactions (hold down CTRL and left click to select 1 at a time, or hold down Shift and left click to select multiple at once). Once you have the transactions you want to remove highlighted, you can click the gear icon to the right of the register entries to open the menu.

The menu will give a few choices. If you just want to delete, you would select delete and that will remove the transactions.

If you want to archive the transactions, the process is similar, but you would want to create an offline account first so you will have someplace to move the transactions to. To create an offline account:

1. Go to Tools>Add Account
    2. Select the Offline Account tab near the bottom of the window that comes up.
    3. Chose the appropriate type of account.
    4. Depending on the type you choose, it will ask you different questions to create the account. Select the appropriate choices and give it an account name that will let you know what it is.

Once you have the offline account created, you can go to the account where the problem transactions are, select the transactions, and select the Cut transaction(s) option. Then you can go to the offline account you just created, click the gear icon to access the menu and select Paste transaction(s).

If the problem transactions come from multiple accounts, you may need to create one offline account for each account the transactions are coming from.

Once you have created the accounts and moved the transactions, go to Tools>Account list, and hit the Edit button next to the offline account(s) you created. Select the Display Options tab. This is where you can hide and separate those accounts as appropriate.

To ensure those accounts are not going to try to sync to mobile and web, go to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web. Next to Accounts, you will see a blue link listing how many eligible accounts are enabled. Click on that link to make sure only the accounts you want syncing up are syncing up. You can unselect accounts that should not be syncing up.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.