When I try to enable Quicken Cloud/Mobile/Web - it crashes

CarolBade
CarolBade Member
edited April 2023 in Using the Mobile App

When I click on set up Quicken Mobil I get error message failed to create dump file error 183. Then it throws me out of the program completely.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

This discussion was started in a Quicken Mobile category, yet your problem description lets me believe that you are actually working with Quicken for Windows on your PC.

What are you trying to do when the problem occurs?
    For example, I'm trying to import a QFX file with transactions downloaded from a bank.
    So what exactly is it that you're having problems with?

What version, edition level (Starter, Deluxe, etc.) and release (R xx.xx) of Quicken are you using?
    US, Canadian or other country version?
    Is your subscription expired or still active?
    Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.

If you haven't done so already, please do the following actions:
    • Even if you are on the latest software level already, download and install the latest Mondo Patch file from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product to ensure your Quicken software is up to date and correctly installed.
    • Reboot Windows.
    • Validate and Supervalidate your Quicken data file.
    • If nothing helps, try to restore your Quicken data file from an Automatic or Manual backup taken just prior to the problems first occurring. https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Validate and Supervalidate instructions
    First save a backup file prior to performing these steps
    Validate: 
    • Click File
    • Select Validate and Repair File...
    • Select Validate File
    • If the data file contains investment accounts also select "Rebuild investing lots". If you suspect that a damaged Quotes Price History causes your problems, also select "Correct investing price history" functions "Delete" or "Repair and Rebuild".
    • Click OK
    • Close the Data Log
    • Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    • Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    Super Validate:
    • Click File
    • Press and hold both CTRL and Shift keys while you click Validate and Repair File...
    • Select Supervalidate File
    • Click OK
    • Close the Data Log
    • Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    • Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

• CarolBade
    CarolBade Member

Thanks for your reply. I think I am confused so here is my question. I am in windows version of Premire Quicken. I have been in this for years. What I am trying to do is see my fiances on my iphone. I thought this was through Quicken mobil. When I click on set up Quicken Mobil on my main dashboard I get error message failed to create dump file error 183. Then it throws me out of the program completely. I have gone in and out of my program many times. I have validated my file several times, no errors found. My program is up to date. Any help would be appreciated.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

yes - this is a good place to leave the Q&A - I've updated the topic title to better reflect the actual discussion -
    (there really isn't a sub-area under the Windows forum areas for "Mobile & Web setup" - so… we'll leave it here)

SO… on the desktop Quicken -
    what menu steps are you taking to enable the Quicken Cloud to support the Syncing -
    and when does Quicken crash ?

… —> Preferences —> Mobile & Web —>
    … —> OR - on the top menu bar —> Mobile & Web —>

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry you're having issues with setting up Quicken for use with the Mobile app …
    Quicken is crashing due to some problem with either your installed software or a damaged Quicken data file. The instructions I posted earlier should help fix this issue.
    On top of that, there's a problem in Windows which makes it impossible to create a dump file, hence the Windows error 183. And without a dump file to send in to Quicken Support, it might be difficult to determine the exact cause of the Quicken crash.

Please google "Windows error 183" and review the webpages found in Microsoft websites for help with resolving problems in your Windows installation and/or your C: - drive's file system.

Once that's done, try to reproduce the problem. It might be best if you contacted Quicken support and had someone on the phone, sharing a screen view with you, to see what's happening while it's happening.
    To contact Quicken Support please note the posted hours of operation

This discussion has been closed.