USAA Transactions with Category Pending Do Not Download

jmbuyske
jmbuyske Member ✭✭✭
There was an old thread from November 2022 with this exact problem. Unfortunately, the thread is closed and I can see no resolution to the problem. I have tried creating a new Quicken file and adding the USAA accounts but it still will not download any transaction that is listed as Category Pending. These are posted transactions. The last time USAA assigned a category was 5 days ago. I have a call into them to see how to expedite the assigning of categories but maybe if Quicken attacks it from their end it will help resolve it.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓

Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• jensenrm55
    jensenrm55 Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem. All of my credit card transactions since 3/3/2023 (about the same time they transitioned to EWC+) are marked "Category Pending" by USAA and they won't download to Quicken. I have been through the EWC+ transition steps for all my USAA accounts. Checking account transactions since then have a category assigned and are downloading to Quicken. I reported this to USAA today, but got their weekend tech support who said they would pass it along to the "regular crew chief"
  • twrice88
    twrice88 Member ✭✭
    Can confirm, this is happening to me as well. The last USAA Visa transaction I have with a category was 3/3. Spoke with USAA chat support just now, and they were unable to see or comprehend the idea of categories.
  • jmbuyske
    jmbuyske Member ✭✭✭
    As of this morning (14 March), USAA now shows all posted transactions categories as something other than "Category Pending" and they all downloaded.
  • mckeecr
    mckeecr Member

My last successful download of USAA Credit Card Transactions in 3/2.

• rdy105
    rdy105 Member

I have been having multiple problems since the USAA reauthorization. Sometimes it downloads pending transactions, sometimes duplicate transactions, sometimes it doesn't download a transaction. The "online balance" that I used to use to reconcile, now includes pending transactions, so it's a lot more effort to balance the account. What a mess :(

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓

Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• LongTimeRK
    LongTimeRK Member ✭✭

I too am confirming issues with USAA and Quicken. Within Quicken the "Online Balance" matches the USAA balance, whcih includes pending transactions. This causes the Quicken account reconciliation to show a "Difference". That "Difference" is the sum of the pending transactions. Instead the reconcilation should use a balance that excludes pending transactions.

This has been occuring since the conversion to EWC+ and other family members using Quicken and USAA are experiencing the same probem. QUicken support was called and screenshots were provided to document the defect.

Yes, this is very frustrating when depending on Quicken as the tool to aggregate and manage personal finances. As I decades long user this is quite concerning.

• Carol S
    Carol S Member

The difference in the downloaded transactions and pending still do not balance. I am 18.17 off and there is no transaction anywhere to justify the difference. So frustrating. I should not have to make balance adjustments to my account each day.,

• Brett97
    Brett97 Member ✭✭

This issue has been reported for almost a year and Quicken and USAA both point the finger at each other. The problem is simple and finding the root cause she be easy. Either the file sent by USAA is only sending one final balance and missing the pending transactions so Quicken cannot calculate the reconciled balance or USAA is sending all of the information and Quicken is not processing it. An average software QA could find the root cause in a few hours.

• LongTimeRK
    LongTimeRK Member ✭✭
    This continues to be frustrating as the ability to frequently reconcile to the online balance is important to monitor accounts for fraudulent activity.

See also the thread "USAA Accounts Will Not Balance" https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7930986/usaa-accounts-will-not-balance
This discussion has been closed.