Validation errors

Options
RNeisser
RNeisser Member ✭✭
This morning I updated to the latest version, and now I'm getting validation errors that won't allow me to synchronize all my accounts before closing. This is ridiculous! Please fix this soon as possible.

Comments

• Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

First did you validate right before you updated? If not then there is no way you can prove it was the fault of the update. When did you last validate your data file and how often do you validate your data file? What version was this update and what did you have previously? How often do you backup your data file? What flavor of Quicken do you have (Starter/Deluxe/Premier etc.)?

• RNeisser
    RNeisser Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi snowman, thank you so much for your immediate reply. I preface all this by saying I'm a layman when it comes to Quicken. All I know is right up till this morning, I've never had trouble synchronizing my files when I close Quicken out, and I've never had to fuss with validation tools, reports, etc. All I know is that today it seems one of my bank accounts is requiring validating of a number of transactions, and none of this makes sense to me. This morning I upgraded to R 48.15. It just seems to me that if Quicken's been working for the last umpteen days for me, being confronted with these validation problems this morning doesn't make any sense. I back up whenever I'm prompted to, which seems to be every 2 to 3 days.
  • RNeisser
    RNeisser Member ✭✭
    Options
    I solved the problem myself, and I am so sorry to have taken up anyone's time with this. Once I changed the 'category' of the "problem" entries back to their original categories, the synchronizing worked perfectly.
This discussion has been closed.