Quicken Web Site Issues with Quicken Deluxe Discount Offered

thinkalo
thinkalo Member
edited April 2023 in Before you Buy

Quicken Web Site has Issues with Quicken Deluxe Discount Offered in Turbo Tax. After completing my 2022 Tax Return in Turbo Tax I was offered a discount on Quicken Deluxe (see attached screen shot). After I was directed to the Quicken Web Site the discount offered was $35.93 (see attached screen shot).

When I try to complete the purchase your site changes the transaction to $59 dolllars even though as noted *Existing Customers will get pro-rated time added to their subscription (see attached screen shot).

. WTF. Please help me process the offered transaction for $35.93. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Comments

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

In other post threads on this subject it has been noted that the discount offer from TT applies to new subscribers only (and it was noted as such in the fine print of the offer notice). When others followed the link to Quicken they got a similiar picture/price to what you posted but when they tried to complete the purchase process by logging into their online Quicken.com account it was picked up that they were not new subscribers and the discount was removed.

That "Existing Customers will get pro-rated time added to their subscription" is not a statement about the subscription price. It is a statement about the subscription time period. We can resubscribe anytime with the 6 months prior to the end of the subscription. If we resubscribe 2 months prior to the end of the subscription Quicken will add the new 12 months subscription to it so the new subscription end date will no longer be 2 months away but it will be 14 months away.

That all being said, this is a users Community forum and most people posting here are not going to be able to assist you on this. Your best bet is to contact Quicken Support via Phone or Chat and try asking them if they will make an exception for you and give your that discount. I've heard (no confirmation of this) that some have been successful when going this route. To contact Quicken Support directly: https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support If the buttons there do not work, try whitelisting "Quicken.com" in your popup blocks preferences or temporarily turn your popup blockers off.

One last comment: Sometimes Quicken.com will offer existing customers a subscription discount. More likely, conduct some searches online with retailers (Amazon, Costco, Walmart, Best Buy, etc.) and look for discounted subscription pricing which is applicable to existing subscribers. But carefully read the fine print to confirm that the pricing is not for new subscribers only.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Boatnmaniac

FYI, here's a link to one of those other recent threads on this subject that I'd referenced:

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

It's really misleading, because in the language I've seen — like in the thread linked above — it says "discounted price is for first year only." It does not say "discounted price is for new subscribers only." If the text says a deal "is for the first year only" for an ongoing subscription, I would understand it to mean the discount is good for the first year and then reverts to the regular price; there's no statement that it does not apply for existing subscribers, or that it is only valid for new subscribers. I'd certainly make an effort to see if Quicken Support will do anything to extend your subscription or otherwise give you value in line with this offer, unless they can show you where it specifically states it's only for new subscribers.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited March 2023

I agree that "discounted price is for first year only" is very misleading if that was intended to mean "for new subscribers only." It certainly would be worth the effort to politely but firmly argue this with Quicken Support.

This discussion has been closed.