Apple Card Credit Card

Comments

• Sacasu
    Sacasu Member

Strange that I'm having the same problem 2 years later. I have been a quicken user for over 20 years and have added and removed dozens of accounts and account types over the years. I have some that I have to manually downlad and update and other that work automatically.

You try to add the credit card, Apple Card WC as a new account.

It shows a link to the proper website (card.apple.com) in the right pane.

But when you click next it shows Checking and only wants to add it as a new offline Checking account. It asks for your statement date and balance.

If you go through with adding it the new account shows up as a checking account under your banking tab.

I tried a completely new blank Quicken file as a test and it gave me the same thing, Apple card only option is to add as a checking account.

Using Quicken Deluxe, R48.15 Build 27.1.48.15

• Hello @Sacasu,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. The reason you're seeing that screen is because Apple Card does not support an online connection with Quicken for downloads. Since Quicken cannot connect to their server to set up an online account, it can't see the account type, and defaults to offline checking. You are still able to create an offline account by going to Tools>Add Account, selecting the Offline Account tab, and then selecting the appropriate account type.

Apple Card supports .QFX downloads only. This link goes to Apple's support site for directions on how to download a .QFX file. When importing a .QFX file into Quicken, especially if its the first time importing from that account with that financial institution, you will usually get a prompt asking if you want to create a new account or download into an existing account.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• emclusk
    emclusk Member ✭✭
    edited April 2023

[Removed - Argumentative]

This discussion has been closed.