Will there be a Quicken Home and Business for Mac in the future? (213 Legacy Votes +1 Merged Vote)

191011121315»

Comments

• BizzV
    BizzV Member ✭✭

Just in case anyone in the Dev Department has been following this thread (for years?) and thought, "Nahhhh, we don't need a Quicken H & B for Mac," I am in pain thinking that the only way I am going to attain financial overview nirvana is to purchase a Windows machine.

I'm adding my not-so-quiet voice to the I want QH&B for Mac.

• Cooper's Dad
    Cooper's Dad Member, Mac Beta Beta
    We who want a Home and Business version for Mac can help move this forward by sharing with the developers specific features that we do (and do not) want to see in such a product. This will help them size up the task by narrowing its scope to the features in highest demand, without wasting time on "feature bloat".

The Discussion thread where this input is being gathered is here:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7929330/home-business-version-of-quicken-mac#latest

Quicken user since the DOS/ 3.5" floppy disk days; migrated to QMac in 2022 for problem-free cloud functionality.

• catrahal
    catrahal Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Yes please - a Home & Business version for Mac as soon as possible. This discussion has been going on for years from what I can see here. I also made the switch to Mac a couple of years ago and went through the learning curve of how to function in the Mac version of Quicken. It is functional, but not great - though as a cross border user, I was very happy to see the FBAR report this year. But I am currently paying for a separate software for invoicing and would much rather do it through Quicken. I have been using Quicken since before computers had hard drives - started with floppies - must have been version 1.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

@catrahal The developers have stated that they plan to develop some business features for Quicken Mac. If you want a voice in what actually emerges, please post your comments in this other thread, where the developers are seeking input from users on what specific business features you would need.

For instance, you mentioned invoicing, and it's important to post in that thread what functinality you need/expect/would like for invoicing. Do you just need to generate invoices to print and mail? Do you want to be able to send invoices via email from within the program? Do you need to keep track of the payment status of the invoices (e.g. receivables tracking)? Do you need to accept payments online via credit card as part of the program? The more details, the better, so they don't build a set of features which you look at and find isn't useful enough.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • My company only uses Apple computers, which makes very difficult to have the software required to run Quicken home and bussines.. it makes us have a Parallels platform, a Windows license, a antivirus for Windows software an Quicken for Windows.

It would be awesome to have Quicken directly as a App for Apple Mac computers, such as the Quicken Premier or Deluxe versiones that already exists but do not handle receibable or Payable accounts that are essential to run my business

• philbaron
    philbaron Member ✭✭
    edited July 2023

Hi. I've used Quicken (MAC) since the mid '90s, and for the most part it has worked well for me. For my small business, I've gotten away with using a custom Filemaker Pro solution for invoicing. My business has grown substantially, and I can no longer tolerate the extra steps and busywork needed to reconcile these two solutions. I have been waiting literally years for Quicken to release a "Home and Business" solution for Mac. I'm now at the point where I will be forced to buy another financial solution (for Mac). I really don't want to do this, as I like Quicken a lot. BUT, I am NOT going to move to Windows, that's a non-starter. I am also NOT going to use Parallels Desktop. I want, like many other Quicken users want, a full blown Home and Business solution for the Mac, that can reliable and efficielntly do Invoicing and tracking. Ared there any plans to release a Home and Business solution for Quicken Mac in the next few months? Or do I need to move to QuickBooks, or some other 3rd party solution?

Thanks in advance, a loyal Quicken user

[Merged Post]

• jacobs
    edited July 2023

@philbaron Yes, there are plans underway to add business features to Quicken Mac. If you searched this site for for that topic, you'd see that the developers in January changed this longstanding thread requesting a Mac Home & Business version status from "Under Consideration" to "Planned" , and you'd also see this thread by the Quicken Mac product manager in February seeking input on what specific business features users want to see in such a product.

That's all we know: yes, they are planning on a Home & Business versios of Quicken Mac. You ask whether it will released in the next few months. That we don't know. And Quicken never comments on when major new features will be released.

My guess is that it's still a long time off; if the product manager was asking for feature requests in February, they were probably in the design phase and many months from completing implementation and testing of a Home & Business version. The timing depends on how many of their programmers they throw at the project, and whether they aim to release features in iterative steps over time (which is how they often approach new functionality, such as the Home Dashboard they are building out over a period of months). If you absolutely need a solution within a few months, I wouldn't bet on it; if you can continue to manage with your existing Filemaker approach for a while longer, then Quicken may evolve meet your needs.

[Merged Post]

• jtomberg
    jtomberg Member

Would really love to have H&B for Mac. Would save a lot of headaches.

• BecomeUseful
    BecomeUseful Member

I want to vote for a version of Home and Business for the Mac. I am actively looking for a quicken alternative because you do not have a mac version of the Home and Business app.

• DaveHansen0516
    DaveHansen0516 Member ✭✭

I want H&B also

• Me too…. Home and Business for Mac

• mlb06
    mlb06 Member
    edited July 2023

Hi Quicken Team.

Thanks for the quick response. You can add my vote for the Mac version of Quicken Home and Business for the following reasons:

1. I want to manage both my personal & business finances.
    2. Create robust P&L documents for financial outlooks.
    3. Create business documents and keep track of business transactions.

That's it, so far.

Thanks,

Michael

[Merged Post]

• JDC2022
    JDC2022 Member

You have my vote. I really really really want this home and business version for mac!!!!!!!!!

• deck
    deck Member

I have the Home and Business version but it will not let me invoice-the feature to invoice is not there.

• jacobs

@deck There is no Home & Business version for Quicken Mac. You can have a Home & Business level subscription, but there are no specific business functions for the Mac as there are for Quicken Windows — at this time. As this thread indicates, the product development team has announced they will be building business features for Quicken Mac, but they don't exist yet and we don't know when they will come out. (If you just purchased your subscription, and it doesn't fit your needs, you can get a refund within 30 days of purchase. )

• dkexpress
    dkexpress Member

I need H&B for Mac

• jacobs

The developers have said that Home & Business for the Mac is coming. But we don’t know when it will become available.

• Bonnie Toy
    Bonnie Toy Member ✭✭

IF I could figure out how to vote for Quicken for Home and Business being available for Mac, I would - I didn't see a place where I could do that. I have been a Mac user since the very beginning of Mac, and Quicken for Mac as soon as it was available. However, I have a small business, and Quickbooks was a better answer for that, as Quicken has made no provision for business bookkeeping requirements for the Mac. So I keep my personal records on Quicken, and my business records on Quickbooks.

I'm sure that Quicken is aware that Quickbooks is now charging $549/year for QuickBooks. This is way too expensive for a very small business. I have written to Quicken, called on the phone, etc. This is a real opportunity for Quicken to take back all the clients who have had to move to other programs over the years.

If some Quicken staff member reads this: PLEASE PLEASE know that there are many of us HOPING we will be able to return to Quicken's much more reasonable pricing. You know how to do this. You have many users of Quicken for Home and Business. I have looked at many other business bookkeeping products on the market, and I'm SURE you can do as well or better.

I am amazed that the last comment on this topic was posted in 2019. I am amazed that you haven't been overwhelmed with requests since the Quickbooks price has skyrocketed. IF there is another place to post on this topic, I'd like to know it.

• jacobs

@Bonnie Toy said: IF I could figure out how to vote for Quicken for Home and Business being available for Mac, I would - I didn't see a place where I could do that.

It would be at the top of the first page in this thread. But if you go there, you'll see the thread is marked "Planned" by the developers. That's why there's no place to vote; voting ends when the developers announce a request is officially accepted and on the development roadmap.

I am amazed that the last comment on this topic was posted in 2019.

I'm not sure where you were looking, but the comment prior to yours was August 5, 2023. There are many, many posts since 2019 — the most important being that the developers are working on a Home & Business version of Quicken Mac. 😀 Of course, we have no idea when it will be coming.

• They’ve been “working on it” since 2016, which doesn’t bode well for all of us that would like to see a Mac version of Home & Business before we die. Sadly, I posed the question to Quicken on FB Messenger and they directed me to this thread.

However, IF the devs are in need of a Beta tester, I would love to participate.

• jacobs

They’ve been “working on it” since 2016, which doesn’t bode well for all of us that would like to see a Mac version of Home & Business before we die. 

@Redstar24 No, that's not correct. It's been a request since 2016, but the development team didn't say yes and commit to this project until earlier this year. The product manager solicited users for input on what features were most desired this year as they were in the design stage. Things have been quiet since then, and we don't know when something will be release. However…

Information about the Mac Business & Personal first release recently showed up in the Quicken Mac online help, which would be a clue that a release is likely forthcoming sometime soon, unless they run into problems:

That was the good news. The bad news is that if you look through the online help for Business & Personal, it shows a somewhat limited set of features. (For instance, there's no mention of invoicing.) But the way the Quicken Mac development team typically works is that they build a core foundation for a new feature, release it, and then continue working and releasing additional functionality in the months that follow. So the first release fo Business & Personal likely won't meet everyone's needs, but will hopefully pave the way for added features in the months that follow.

If the devs are in need of a Beta tester, I would love to participate.

Beta testing is open to anyone, and more beta testers helps generate more feedback to the developers. You need to sign a non-disclosure agreement and agree to follow the rules for beta testing. Information and sign-up can be found by clicking this link:

https://www.quicken.com/beta#:~:text=Before%20you%20can%20participate%2C%20it%27s,Community%20using%20your%20Quicken%20ID.&text=Lastly%2C%20complete%20the%20sign%2Dup,and%20notify%20you%20via%20email.