Add Link for Manage Hidden Accounts to Account List

Options
Boatnmaniac
Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2023 in Product Enhancements

Currently, Manage Hidden Accounts is under the Tools menu which is fine but it is not optimally intuitive to look there for it since it is down the menu away from Account List and Add Account and not right next to them.

I propose adding a link or button in Account List that will pull up the Manage Hidden Accounts tool while keeping Manage Hidden Accounts in the Tools menu. This would be a very logical and intuitive place for it because Account List already includes links/options for Edit Account Details, upgrading connection method, set up of Bill Manager, reordering Accounts, Add Account and the option to hide or show Hidden Accounts. It just seems very logical to have a link/button for Manage Hidden Accounts in Account List, too.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

Tagged:
3 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello,

To clarify, are you referring to the list of accounts that is on the left hand side by default, or the Account List under Tools? I'm running Version R48.15, build 27.1.48.15 and that link is in the list of accounts (on the left hand side by default). It is a bit hidden, but in general, if you have hidden accounts, below your list of accounts in each section, you would see a More Accounts link. Click on that and it will show the hidden accounts and give you the option to manage hidden accounts.

Are you suggesting the Manage Hidden Accounts option should be a link directly in the list of accounts rather than in the More Accounts link?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Boatnmaniac
    edited March 2023
    Options

I am suggesting that a link be added to the Account List itself (under Tools). It seems like Account List is a central tool that already has links/buttons/options to several other account tools and features as I'd pointed out above. I think it would be very logical to simply add one more link/button to Account List for Manage Hidden Categories so it can be easily and intuitively accessed from there, like the others.

I am not suggesting removing Manage Hidden Accounts from the Tools menu nor from More Accounts (in the Accounts Bar on the left side of the screen). Leave them in place.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I see what you're saying now. Rather than just having the option to Show hidden accounts (and then need to click Edit and Display Options), have a link next to it that allows users to Manage hidden accounts, allowing someone to hide/unhide all in one screen directly from the account list.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

You got it!