One Step Update error - "0 Transactions downloaded on Jan 0, 1900"?

SMCHome
SMCHome Member ✭✭
I have four TDAmeritrade investment accounts and every time I update using One Step, two of the accounts show the blue dot/flag and state "0 transactions downloaded on Jan 0, 1900" The other two perform fine and provide the blue dot/flag when a new transaction is downloaded.
Anyone experience this or have a suggestion on how to eliminate this?
Doesn't. affect balances , but it is an annoyance. I really don't need to be told everytime that no transactions downloaded on Jan 0, 1900. I already figured that out LOL
Thanks,
Steve

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @SMCHome,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• SMCHome
    SMCHome Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your help. I will try this and let you know.
  • Jim8
    Jim8 Member ✭✭
    I have some Schwab investment accounts and when I update, some of the accounts show the blue dot and state "0 transactions downloaded on Jan 0, 1900".
    The other accounts do not show this problem.
    All accounts properly update transactions.
    I have done a Validate and a Super Validate, both times I waited much more than 5 seconds after closing before reopening. But, I still have the problem.
    I am running Windows Home, Business & Rental Property R48.15 Build 27.1.48.15
  • Hello @Jim8,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When did this issue start? Was there anything that happened just before the issue started, such as a power outage, power surge, update, unexpected program or computer shut down, etc? Do you keep your Quicken file on your C: drive, on a shared network drive, or synced with a cloud service (such as One Drive or Dropbox)?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Jim8
    Jim8 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    It started a few days ago. There've been no unusual events. The file is on my internal D drive.
    I have two connections to Schwab because of different logins, but each login has a "bad" account and an ok one.
  • Thank you for your response,

Since you have already tried Validate and Super Validate, the next step would be restoring a backup from before the issue started, run a Validate on the newly restored file and check to see if the issue is resolved.

Directions on performing a Validate, if needed:

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken
    7. Reopen Quicken & see if issue is still happening.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• raymorr2
    raymorr2 Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue with one of my Merrill Lynch/Merrill Edge accounts. One account is fine, one account does the same thing. I just tried both validate, and super-validate, with a minute or two rest after closing Quicken each time, same thing continues. I don't know exactly when it started but I would guess mid-March. Running Quicken Version R48.15 Build: 27.1.48.15 with windows 10 Home. Any other thoughts? Thanks.
  • ntg45
    ntg45 Member

Having the same symptoms and problem but only for the Nasdaq Composite. Appeared after typical weekly online update run on April 1. All quicken data is correct except for no Nasdaq Composite info. The last Quicken software update was downloaded and installed within the last week. That is after the March 25 online update and before the April 1 online update. Suspect the problem is not Schwab but Quicken.

• JR Fitch
    JR Fitch Member ✭✭
    edited April 2023

Still having the same problem.

[Edited-Readability]

• Hello @ntg45,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. Just to clarify, when you say you're having the same symptoms, does your Schwab state "0 transactions downloaded on Jan 0, 1900"? If not, then what symptoms are identical? From what you're describing, it sounds more like just one security is not displaying, or am I misunderstanding?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited April 2023

Hello @raymorr2 and @JR Fitch,

I'm sorry to hear the steps listed earlier in the thread did not help. @JR Fitch, more information about what is happening would help. Which financial institution(s) is affected? Is it affecting all of the accounts with that financial institution, or just some?

Since I can see this is affecting several users, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

After reporting the problem, the next troubleshooting step would be to restore a backup from before the issue started, if possible. Then check to see if the issue happens in the newly restored file.

Thank you.

(CTP-6464)

Quicken Kristina

• raymorr2
    raymorr2 Member ✭✭
    I followed the report a problem steps. Included sanitized data file and screen shot. Hope it helps.
  • Abe Fromann
    Abe Fromann Member

I'm also having this issue - was there a fix provided? I tried the two here but no change.

• GM Qkn
    GM Qkn Member ✭✭

0 transactions downloaded on Jan 0, 1900

I am also having this problem. It started a few weeks ago I think . It occurs on multiple but not all accounts. (eg Vanguard, Fidelity) . Validate , supervalidate, restarting quicken without any benefit.

• mxsmith4
    mxsmith4 Member ✭✭
    Same issue. It seemed to have started around the same time as the USAA reauthorization issue and the Quicken updates around that time. This happens on several, but not all, of my Fidelity accounts and a Vanguard account (I only have one account here).
  • mxsmith4
    mxsmith4 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2023

Tried to upload the data log and the program indicated the upload failed. I'm so done with Quicken [Removed - Profanity]. Just fix it.

• jah47Ed
    jah47Ed Member ✭✭
    Investing Column - LH Side of the screen. Little Blue Balls (or Dots) appear when there is something for the user to do. My Fidelity Investment accounts present blue balls with "0 transaction downloaded on Jan 0, 1900", unless there is a current transaction was was just downloaded. Just "False alarms or alerts" - just more annoyance from Quicken Premier.
    This does not affect daily use of Quicken. Anybody else see this stuff?
    Started up here at the start of CY2023.
    "Validate and Repair" does not "fix".
  • Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.

(CTP-6464)

Quicken Kristina

• jah47Ed
    jah47Ed Member ✭✭
    11 April 2023: "super Validate" did not fix...
  • Jim8
    Jim8 Member ✭✭
    I don't know if this thread is still live, but I restored backups from well before the time when the problem started. After one-step update, the problems occurs.
  • JR Fitch
    JR Fitch Member ✭✭
    I have tried all of the above and none worked. I have found changing the Tracking method to (simple-position only) and back to complete stop the 0 downloads Jan 0,1900 message. This can be found under Account Details under General tab.
  • normdelage
    normdelage Member ✭✭
    JR Fitch's tip worked for me!
  • GM Qkn
    GM Qkn Member ✭✭

JR fitch (see April 18th) fix worked for me ! — not sure why this works, but it appears to

1. open the account getting the 0 downloads Jan 0, 1900 message (has to be repeated for each account affected)
    2. go to account settings (upper right sprocket)
    3. Edit account details
    4. tracking method —> change to SIMPLE (default is COMPLETE I THINK) —> it will give you a warning box - YES, click OK to close Account details
    5. repeat above, change tracking method back to COMPLETE → YES to warning box, OK to close
    6. repeat one step update to verify it worked, did for me atleast, will see if it recurs over next few days

• CJ99
    CJ99 Member ✭✭
    I'm seeing the same '0 downloads Jan 0, 1900' message and this has been going on for several weeks. Restoring back to before it started requires knowing when it started. Changing the tracking method to 'SIMPLE' then back to 'COMPLETE' sounds like an easy fix. However, the tracking method option does not appear on any of the 3 accounts that are showing ghost transactions... and these are the only 3 accounts setup for downloads. I can see the option to select SIMPLE or COMPLETE as part of the process to setup an account for downloads...but it is NOT visible for accounts already setup for downloads.
  • GM Qkn
    GM Qkn Member ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    yeah , it seems the tracking method box DOES show up for my investment accounts (JR Fitch's fix does seem to work for these, no recurrence of the problem for the last few days ) . I don't have the tracking box for any of my banking accounts.

Quicken admin help back to you! ( Quicken Kristina) This is a software glitch that started with one of the recent updates, not an individual database issue IMO. (rebuilding/validating the database or reloading a backup has not seemed to work for anyone here)
  • mxsmith4
    mxsmith4 Member ✭✭
    Installed latest update, R48.18, Build 27.1.48.18 and still receiving "0 Transactions downloaded on Jan 0, 1900"
  • mxsmith4
    mxsmith4 Member ✭✭
    I implemented JR Fitch's fix posted on 4/18 and it appears the problem is now gone.
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta

Since the Simple/Complete toggle method is not available for some accounts, I wonder if toggling from Automatically Add transactions to the C2R register method and then back after an OSU might accomplish the same result?

Another option- Has anyone tried deactivating the problem account, running OSU without it and then reactivating using Tools>Add Account to LINK (reactivate) the account.

Those messages from OSU are stored in a file(s) called runtime.dat in the Program Data>Quicken subfolders. That folder sometimes gets corrupted and usually causes issues with the OSU Summary window information and blank data for last download in the registers. If you are also seeing that, searching this forum for runtime.dat will provide steps to delete and restore function to that file although it can be finicky.

• Shannon M M
    Shannon M M Member ✭✭
    Thought I'd jump in as I'm having the same issue with a Fidelity Trad IRA.
    In my case the Simple/Complete toggle is not available.
    I did try turning off Automatically Add, running OSU, then turning it back on. That didn't work.
    To add insult to injury, when I try to deactivate it, I get a message saying that it can't be done because "there are downloaded transactions that must first be accepted into the account register or transaction list". As with other folks, there are 0 downloaded transactions.
  • Shannon M M
    Shannon M M Member ✭✭
    Ah! I then used that message to do a search and found this: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-says-there-are-transactions-accept-i-do-not-see-any
    The phantom downloaded transactions DO appear in the register under Downloaded Transactions after turning off Automatic entry. After accepting them, it took a very long time to run the OSU once again. (I checked the Online Center as well, but there were no transactions appearing there.)
    After this process the blue dot disappeared.
This discussion has been closed.