One Step Update Freezing, and/or taking forever / Ends in CC-501 [Edited]

Windows 11, Quicken Premier (updated)
Running One Step Update, it appears to be frozen...
Some Accounts show as Complete
Some Accounts show as Updating Account.

There appears no way to end the process, other than a Ctrl/Atl/Delete to end process (didn't try)
So why is One Step Update taking so long?
And why doesn't Quicken add a Cancel Update button, so we'd have a safe way to stop the process?

Update - After 20+ minutes, I got an Error updating six accounts:
CC-501
'Unable to update these accounts because of an error on the Quicken server. For more information, see this FAQ'

Best Answer

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓

Hello All,

If you wish to track the status of this issue and know when it is resolved, you can bookmark this Community Alert. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience. 

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Meatsauce
    Meatsauce Member

Help!

• Quicken Kristina
    edited April 2023

Hello @Meatsauce,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. I merged your discussion into the existing discussion since it is the same issue. When did this issue start? Was there anything that happened just before the issue started, such as a power surge, power outage, update, unexpected program or computer shutdown, etc? Do you keep your Quicken file on your C: drive, a shared network drive, or on a cloud drive? What troubleshooting have you already attempted?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• sb92630
    sb92630 Member ✭✭
    My online update says waiting and I have to kill Quicken with the task manager.
  • Quicken Kristina
    edited April 2023

Thank you for the reply @sb92630,

So I can better assist you, I do need more information. When did this issue start? Was there anything that happened just before the issue started, such as a power surge, power outage, update, unexpected program or computer shutdown, etc? Do you keep your Quicken file on your C: drive, a shared network drive, or on a cloud drive? What troubleshooting have you already attempted?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• twsf
    twsf Member ✭✭✭
    SAME PROBLEM. What is going on, Quicken?
  • W_A_C
    W_A_C Member

Same problem. Accounts requiring a password entry work. Others hang.

• twsf
    twsf Member ✭✭✭
    Unable to complete Une Step Update, and no way to terminate other than hard-closing the program. What's going on today? And why won't Quicken build in some functionality to allow USERS to terminate a One Step Update session?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭

Yes, Chase/Express Web Connect + seems to be down this morning.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jkeick
    jkeick Member

Same problem. 

• johnnstacey
    johnnstacey Member ✭✭
    same problem. Wells, Alight and Fidelity okay. Rest is no go. Deluxe on Win 11
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭

If wait long enough it will eventually time out. There is about a 5 minute timeout for every network error that it encounters.

Also yes, Express Web Connect + (and maybe Express Web Connect) is down at the moment:

Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭

Don't kill Quicken, wait until it times out (which is going to be about 5 minutes per connection failure):

Signature:
  • Hello All,

We are aware of the issue with One Step Update freezing. Our provider is having an issue, and we're working with them to fix it. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience. 

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• PAUser
    PAUser Unconfirmed ✭✭

What's going on. As the title states, I just received Error Code CC-501 on 11 accounts at 4 different institutions while trying to download data.

• mrpaley1
    mrpaley1 Member ✭✭✭

Same here…about 6

• Code CC-501 at both my banks: Chase Bank and Bank of America

• yoda7th
    yoda7th Member ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Same here... Citibank and Capital One too! Looks like Support has not even realized this is an issue; not seeing this issue created under https://community.quicken.com/categories/alerts
  • cid69
    cid69 Member ✭✭

Same here…Wells Fargo, Alliant CU

• Hello All,

We are aware there is a server issue; our teams are already working to resolve it. The current recommendation is to wait 2 hours and try again. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience. 

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Hello @twsf,

We are aware of the issue with One Step Update freezing. Our provider is having an issue, and we're working with them to fix it. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience. 

Also, since we already have a discussion for this issue, I will be merging your discussion into the existing one.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Mark 23
    Mark 23 Member

When attempting to do One Step Update, I keep getting CC-501 error. The associated FAQ says to contact Quicken Support. I am posting the question here because the chat and call options have waits nearing an hour. Thank you.

• Bootsie
    Bootsie Member ✭✭

Receive error CC-501 when trying to download transactions from Chase Bank. Please advise on when this will be fixed? Thanks.

• pfs
    pfs Member

I am having the same problem as Mark 23:

"When attempting to do One Step Update, I keep getting CC-501 error. The associated FAQ says to contact Quicken Support. I am posting the question here because the chat and call options have waits nearing an hour. Thank you."

My one step update attempt was with Bank of America

• twarner1
    twarner1 Member ✭✭✭

Today, I have multiple accounts showing the CC-501 error. I called Quicken and they acknowledged they are having issues and hope to have them resolved in a couple of hours. In the mean time, I was told to go into the register for each account that showed the error and do an "update now" or CTRL+ALT+U to individually update each account. I tried this method on one account and it worked. YMMV

• MishawakaKirk
    MishawakaKirk Member ✭✭✭
    > "Quicken Kristina" said:

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When did this issue start? Was there anything that happened just before the issue started, such as a power surge, power outage, update, unexpected program or computer shutdown, etc? Do you keep your Quicken file on your C: drive, a shared network drive, or on a cloud drive? What troubleshooting have you already attempted?
    Thank you.

Quicken Kristina" said

Kristina --
    Per your first post, do you still need more information regarding when, where, etc?
    Or since you, Quicken, is aware of your Provider's issue... is there nothing more you need from us?
    Here, in the Midwest, we've had some fairly radical storms, disrupting many things.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Answer ✓

Hello All,

If you wish to track the status of this issue and know when it is resolved, you can bookmark this Community Alert. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience. 

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭

Same for me. Started about the same time. Quicken server side error. Usually fixes itself after some time. Hopefully.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭

Glad you are aware and on it. Thanks.

• yoda7th
    yoda7th Member ✭✭
    Verified this is now resolved!
  • gdesmar1
    gdesmar1 Member ✭✭
    I also am having cc 501 errors with multiple accounts, all different financial institutions. Just started today 4/3. Everything updated ok yesterday am. Banks involved are Amazon Credit Card with Synchrony Bank, AA Aviator MC with Barkley, Venture 1 Visa with Capital 1, and a ELAN Visa with Elan Financial Services. It is hard to believe that all these institutions suddenly went south! BTW, a separate AA Aviator MC with Barkley updates fine!
This discussion has been closed.