Quicken 48.15 intermittent crashes during update

TF
TF Member ✭✭✭
Hi,

I have seen Quicken 48.15 intermitently exits in the middle of updating accounts. I have seen some posts about this. Hopefully it's a known issue being worked on.

Comments

• Hello @TF,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Did this intermittent crashing start right after you updated your Quicken? Is there any pattern to the intermittent crashes? How frequently is it crashing (multiple times a day, daily, a few times a week, etc.)? Is there any other unexpected behavior, or is it just the crashing?

If you have not done so already, the first troubleshooting you would want to do is reinstall the update patch, restart your computer, and check to see if the issue is still happening.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta

IMO, something Quicken tweaked recently, negatively impacted its interaction with OneDrive. I have had to start pausing OneDrive again before opening Quicken to avoid crashes especially during OSU, but also at other times navigaing within Quicken.

• TF
    TF Member ✭✭✭
    I used dropbox. I will pause my dropbox and see if it helps. Again my crashes are intermittent.
  • TF
    TF Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks Kristina. I will also try the update patch.
  • Thank you for your reply,

If the issue persists, please let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• TF
    TF Member ✭✭✭
    I paused my dropbox now before an update and haven't experienced a crash for a few days. I suspect it's got something to do with the OXFLOG.dat file for those of us who store our Quicken files in Dropbox or Onedrive.
  • Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad to hear that pausing your dropbox worked.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta

FWIW, in my case the direct connect accounts update first and do so without crashing so it is not ofxlog.dat. It is the EWC and EWC+ accounts that crash pointing to the frequent writes to the synclog.dat file as the problem file.

This discussion has been closed.