Initial setup with Quicken Home & Business on Mac - Can't connect to Wells Fargo

Options

Setting up Quicken Home & Business 7.0.0 (Build 700.48698.100) macOS 12.6.3

I have connected to 2 institutions successfully, Amazon Store Card (Synchrony) and AAdvantage Aviator Master Card.

My main banking is with Wells Fargo. I went through the setup for Direct Connect - went to the wellsfargo.com/fmssetup, got code and entered to validate. When trying to connect in Quicken (within the 10 minute window) I get the following error …

I called wells fargo and went through all of the iterations with them again, as described above. They said everything was done as required to set up and that it was that 'fmx' need to be enabled on Quicken side.

I contacted Quicken via chat and phone and no success. Something about needing Direct Connect enabled with Wells Fargo and that they are initiating an call/alert.

Just putting this out there for any other who may have had this experience. TIA

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I'm afraid I don't know anything about Wells Fargo, but I want to comment on Home & Business for Mac: There is actually no H&B version of Quicken for Mac. If you are paying for a H&B subscription, you are only getting the Premier level functionality. There is no reason to pay for the H&B level on Mac. If you subscribed to Quicken in the last 30 days, you can contact Support for a refund and re-purchase the QMac Premier subscription. If longer than 30 days, you can contact Support to see what your downgrade options might be.

Also, regarding Wells Fargo: I know there have been some other posts recently on the forum (which I have not read). You may want to search the forums to see if anyone else has solved this.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • BradleyBCraig
    Options

Thanks for the heads up RickO!!

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Here's a link to another thread on this which has a link to the active Community Alert:

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • BradleyBCraig
    Options

I was able to get this resolved. It turns out that since I had used Quicken in the past, there is an internal setting that was set to disabled when I stopped using it as opposed to inactive. The online banking support for WF set it to inactive and then I was able to go through the fmssetup process and successfully connect.

This discussion has been closed.