mkulesa
mkulesa Unconfirmed, Member

no good if i cannnot access wells fargo

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue here in the Community, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

This issue has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• hibid13
    hibid13 Member

Have been unable to download my accounts from Wells Fargo

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello @mkulesa,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. Are you attempting to connect Wells Fargo as an online biller or for account downloads? Are you receiving any error codes or messages? What exactly is occurring? How long has this issue been occurring?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• fayoub
    fayoub Member ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Same here. Started this morning using One Step Update and Express Web Connect.
  • reybie
    reybie Member ✭✭
    Ended up here looking for answers for same error.
  • Steve1939
    Steve1939 Member ✭✭✭
    I have not been able to update Wells Fargo bank accounts all day (April 6, 2023). I first got a "Quicken cannot contact server..." and later got "Wells Fargo website is not accessible"
  • Jayacol
    Jayacol Member ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    same here wells Fargo has been acting up lately cant connect either through direct connect or express web connect
  • agmiller
    agmiller Member

I am new to Quicken and have a feeling i made a mistake purchasing it since i cannot connect to my wells fargo accounts

• csantucci
    csantucci Member ✭✭

Same problem here. Luckily I only have one active WF account so I go to the WF website and download and import transactions. That's a workaround, but it's still a nuisance that Quicken and WF aren't working together as they should

• zitro68
    zitro68 Member

CC-502 errors. What's going on?

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue here in the Community, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

This issue has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Kennett
    Kennett Member ✭✭

I'm using Quicken for Windows, version R48.15, and get error CC-502 when I try to reconnect to Wells Fargo saying that Wells Fargo's website is down, but I have other Quicken Files with Wells Fargo accounts that work just fine. Please advise.

• P107
    P107 Member ✭✭
    Same here in LA. Last 36+ hrs. Its Friday night late 4/7/2023. Windows 10 Quicken version R48.15 Error code cc-502. Please post when its fixed thanks.
  • P107
    P107 Member ✭✭
    Updates: not like I thought it would change anything, but I cleared the cookies and cache, rebooted etc. still no go. Its on their (Wells Fargo credit card) end. If you really want to download, log into your Wells CC account and find download transactions on the lower left. Use that with a reasonable start date. Choose Quicken or qfx, and download. Back in Quicken, select File, Import. Navigate to Downloads and find the file that you just downloaded. Click Go! Good luck!
  • Kennett
    Kennett Member ✭✭
    I've found that if you remove 2 step verification on Wells Fargo.... it will work
  • Steve1939
    Steve1939 Member ✭✭✭
    > @agmiller said:
    > I am new to Quicken and have a feeling i made a mistake purchasing it since i cannot connect to my wells fargo accounts

It usually works very well.
  • Steve1939
    Steve1939 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    YES!! It works if you disable 2-step verification. Thanks, Kennett. Now if Quicken will just fix the problem......
  • anon456
    anon456 Member

Unable to add any of my WF accounts. Error code cc-502. Windows 10 version R48.15.

• loilars
    loilars Member ✭✭
    I am having this same issue. No problem logging on to the Wells Fargo website.
  • ted c
    ted c Member

Having the same issue on all of my Wells Fargo accounts. Error code cc-502. Windows version R48.15 Build 27.1.48.15

• fayoub
    fayoub Member ✭✭
    It sounds like it may be a Quicken software issue after all. It was working with Wells Fargo's 2-factor authentication prior to April 6th as Quicken would prompt for a code from the bank.
  • rsos1214
    rsos1214 Member

Any updates??? Still not working

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

CC-502 error codes are usually applicable to EWC connections (Quicken/Intuit server/program issues), not to DC connections (Financial Institution server/program issues).

This morning I ran OSU in 4 unique data files with different WF connection methods setups and had the following results:

• EWC: Worked properly for me this morning for both checking and credit card accounts in 2 data files.
    • DC: The OSU Summary reports for 2 data files showed that my credit card updated properly but my checking account updated but the last download occurred on 4/7.

For me it seems that the EWC connection method is now working but the DC connection method is not.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• 85angel
    85angel Member

I too have had the same error message for my Wells Fargo accounts. I disabled the Wells Fargo 2-factor authentication and that did the trick. However, this is unacceptable and I hope Quicken fixes this issue sooner than later as 2-factor authentication is an important security feature and it worked fine before.

• I purchased Quicken for Mac yesterday. I can't even add my WF accounts, and I don't have 2-factor authentication on for WF.

• What is the status of this bug? I am still unable to download Wells Fargo transactions.

• BBCT
    BBCT Member ✭✭
    FYI - I was having same problem with Wells credit card. In Quicken (Home & Business for Windows) I reset Wells download and then tried three times to update. On the third try, it worked. It no longer asks for my 2FA code, but updates just fine. Also, the 2FA code is still required to log into on the website. Clearly something is wrong, but my Quicken update seems to be working, for now at least, after multiple failures. Third try was the charm.
  • Harry O
    Harry O Member ✭✭
    edited April 2023

Wells Fargo not downloading, get this error message: Error When Updating Accounts: CC-502. I called and was told this is a known issue, they are working on it, try back in a few days, if it is not fixed, call support.

• fayoub
    fayoub Member ✭✭
    Yesterday, I disabled 2FA on my Wells Fargo login then deactivated all of my accounts on Quicken. Once I went through the “setup online” option in Quicken everything connected properly.
  • tbas
    tbas Member

I see others are having this same problem. Has any progress been made in addressing this issue?

• jsak
    jsak Member

Not willing to remove MFA from Wells accounts due to a quciken error, this has worked in the past and Quicken and Wells need to fix it.

This discussion has been closed.