Remove green dollar symbol (Q Mac)

Bank of America no longer supports Bank Bill Pay and yet all my Quicken payees still have a green dollar symbol next to them when looking at Bills or Payees under Bills & Income. How do I remove that symbol?

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited April 2023

The only way I found to get rid of that was to delete the payee and add them back in. In order not to mess up previous transactions I wound up adding the new payee, transferring the transactions over to the new payee then deleting the old one. I had to temporarily give the new payee a different name & then change the name back after the old payee was deleted.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

Jon, How does this work? You can't delete a payee with existing uses and you can't merge a bill-pay payee to a non-bill-pay payee. The only way I've found to do this is to search for all instance of the payee in the All Transations group register, then use Get Info to change every one of those transactions to a slightly different (and new) payee name. Then delete the old payee (since it now has zero uses), and then change the new payee name back to the original. Is this what you do?

In the Payee detail settings, there is a Bills & Income Payee checkbox. One would think that unchecking this box, and designating as a manual bill in the eBill tab, would remove the green dollar sign and also let you remove the details of the bank bill pay. But it does not. I think this is a bug. I am going to report that in Help > Report a Problem.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Jon
    edited April 2023

I created a new payee, then I searched for all transactions using the old payee & changed them to the new payee. I also looked for Renaming and Quick Fill rules that referred to the old payee and changed those over as well. Once there were no transactions or rules using the old payee (as shown in the Payees window) I could delete it.

• hurwi
    hurwi Mac Beta Beta

A bunch of my transactions using the old payee are locked so I cannot change the payee name. Any idea how to unlock them?

• Jon
    edited April 2023

Recreate the transaction & delete the old one?

I'm not sure what affect this might have on past reconciliations, it might throw them off.

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited April 2023

First try to duplicate the transaction (menu Transactions > Duplicate Transaction).

If you can't delete the old one, hold down the Option key on the keyboard while clicking the Transactions > Delete menu. This should give you some additional options.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.