ALERT 20353358 closed down but not resolved - Quicken performance issue -

KKris
KKris Member ✭✭

This discussion had to do with Quicken crashing repeatedly, mostly during one step updates and reconciliation. The R48.15 version still crashes regularly. Why no solution?

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

@NotACPA - I had posted the Alert thread for the 1st post in that thread. Each post in a thread has a different referernce number in the URL.

If you do a search for just "Re: RESOLVED 4/7/23 Quicken Performance issue" you will find the link for the final post in that Alert thread. Following is that link. Click on it and look at the URL. Then you will see 20353358 in the URL.: Re: RESOLVED 4/7/23 Quicken Performance issue.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac

Would you please copy/paste the complete URL for the discussion you are referring to? I cannot find it with just "20353358".

• KKris
    KKris Member ✭✭
    Here's the email received from Quicken that may help you trace the discussion which was not resolved:

Quicken Anja just added a comment in Alerts, Online Banking & Known Product Issues: RESOLVED 4/7/23 Quicken Performance issue
    RESOLVED 4/7/23 This issue has been marked as resolved. However, this Alert will remain available for those who may still be experiencing this. Thank you!

Check it out
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

That's not the URL to the discussion you're talking about

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

appears to be an old topic - then added more recently - and then Closed and ARCHIVED -

we have suggested it be re-opened

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Boatnmaniac

@KKris - Thanks. Here is the Alert thread: RESOLVED 4/7/23 Quicken Performance issue. Hopefully it will be restored from Archives soon.

In the Alert it was stated that a fix had been identified and the fix would be included in a soon-to-be-released version update. That new version was R48.15 and was released on 3/21.

The Alert was marked as Resolved on 4/7….18 days after R48.15 was released. This lag gives the Quicken Team the opportunity to get a good feel as to whether or not the issue is actually resolved. Looking back to 3/21 I see very few posts about crashes occurring with those who are running R48.15 which is a fairly good indiction that at least for most people the issue appears to have been fixed.

I'm assuming you are posting about this because you are still experiencing crashes. So:

• Which version are you running? (Help > About Quicken) If you are not running version R48.15, you might want to consider updating to it.
    • If you are running R48.15, have you tried any troubleshooting? If so, what have you tried doing?
    • If you are running R48.15, it is possible that whatever is causing the issue for you might be something entirely different from what was causing the crashes that the Alert was about. That's likely not something you nor I nor anyone in this Community forum can answer. Have you reported this issue to Quicken Support via Help > Report a Problem or via Phone or Chat ( https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support ).

• KKris
    KKris Member ✭✭
    Thanks much for the help. I checked to make sure I'm running R48.15 and stability does seem improved. As such, you may be right that my issue is something different. I do know one of my institutions doesn't always play well with Quicken.
    I did send a message to support after a couple of the crashes and haven't heard back. These forums have been much more responsive. Another user mentioned that memory usage spikes can be an issue. I have a large file and keep a lot of chrome tabs open which eats up memory. I also see that most problems occur when updating the largest account. I'm going to run my file on a machine with 32gb ram and see if that resolves the issue. Appreciate your comments.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023

@Boatnmaniac maybe I'm missing something … but I don't see where the alert that you referenced mentions Alert 20353358

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Boatnmaniac
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓

@NotACPA - I had posted the Alert thread for the 1st post in that thread. Each post in a thread has a different referernce number in the URL.

If you do a search for just "Re: RESOLVED 4/7/23 Quicken Performance issue" you will find the link for the final post in that Alert thread. Following is that link. Click on it and look at the URL. Then you will see 20353358 in the URL.: Re: RESOLVED 4/7/23 Quicken Performance issue.

This discussion has been closed.