Citibank CC Incorrect Balance

robettsjr
robettsjr Member ✭✭
In the last week, the "Online Balance" downloaded does not match the actual balance (as seen in the Citibank app). The Online Balance equals the balance shown by Citibank minus the pending transactions. This renders the reconciliation process useless.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello @robettsjr,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community with this issue.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• cheryldaniel%gma
    cheryldaniel%gma Member ✭✭✭
    I have the EXACT same problem. See my screenshot. I believe CitiBank just modified their software on their website and perhaps is contributing to the issue? As you can see on the attached screenshot, Online Balance reflects 483.41? This is a difference of $5.72 from $489.13. Curiously $5.72 is the PENDING amount. So as the roettsjr stated.. it is subtracting the pending amount erroneously.
  • Quicken Jasmine

Hello @cheryldaniel%gma,

Thank you for joining this thread to share that you are also experiencing this issue.

Would you mind submitting logs using the instructions in my previous response?

Thank you!

-Quicken Jasmine

• qrad
    qrad Member ✭✭✭

same problem here. will submit logs

• asir54
    asir54 Member

I have had this problem as well and have submitted logs too. I hope this can get resolved soon as my reconciliation is all out of whack. Thanks!

• Estaban77
    Estaban77 Member ✭✭

When I download transactions from Citi for a credit card account, the balance reported by Citi is incorrect. I have tracked for several days, and the amount reported appears to be my total for posted transactions, less any pending transactions. Since pending transactions are not included in the total balance, when I try and reconcile, the balance is too low by the amount of my pending transactions.

This began on April 10th, 2023. I checked each morning this week, and the problem continues. Yesterday, I deactivated the account, and today, I reactivated the account, but received the same results. My online balance reported by Citi is off (too low) by the amount of my pending transactions.

Using Windows 10, and my Quicken version is R48.15 build 27.1.48.15.

Quicken user for 20+ years.

• dgar
    dgar Member

Have had this error for several days. Still have it today. Qkn Support told me yesterday it had been escalated. Has any progress been made?

• dgar
    dgar Member

Update: now can connect to Citibank, no more error, but the Citibank balance is not correct based on a separate account logon.

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello @dgar,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What is your connection method with CitiBank? You can see the connection method by navigating to Tools > Account List. How did you resolve the CC-501 error? Is your balance over or under the correct amount? Do you have any pending charges with CitiBank?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

• Julia1
    Julia1 Member ✭✭

I have the exact same issue. I noticed the incorrect Citi balance in Quicken after downloading data yesterday and today. It is incorrectly including any pending transactions in the balance, however, those transactions won't download to Quicken until they have posted.

• Julia1
    Julia1 Member ✭✭

I'm using Windows 11 with version R48.15, build 27.1.48.15

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

• ghstudio
    ghstudio Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2023

How is anyone getting citi credit cards to download at all??? I've tried every suggestion and have failed. Today, I got the "our servers are down" from quicken. Any help would be appreciated.

• DAF
    DAF Member ✭✭✭

Same problem here, started about a week ago

• mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023

Seeing the same problem with Citi Banking (checking). Pending transactions ARE INCLUDED in the website balance, but not in the Quicken register online balance. Started a few days ago. Error report has been submitted.

Contrary to comments upthread, I'm NOT seeing the the same in my Costco Visa (Citi) credit card accout. The website balance does NOT include the pending transactions and thus matches the Quicken register online balance which also does not include pending transactions.

• robettsjr
    robettsjr Member ✭✭
    Jasmine,
    I have reported the issue.

> @Quicken Jasmine said:
    > Hello @robettsjr,
    >
    > Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community with this issue.
    >
    > We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.
    >
    > While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.
    >
    > We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.
  • Momster122
    Momster122 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2023

when I reconcile my citibank credit card, it shows the online balance incorrectly (it is including pending transactions)

[Merged Post]

• frank11
    frank11 Member ✭✭
    Having same problem since account turned over, sending log files today.
  • Linda
    Linda Member ✭✭
    When I download my update for Citibank, the online balance in Quicken is not accurate. Therefore I cannot reconcile my accounts. The balance in the register is correct. I have figured out that the error is the pending charges. They are downloaded as payments. There is no hourglass at the end of the register to turn pending charges on or off. There is also no option for pending charges under edit>preferences. How do I turn off including pending charges in the Citibank update?
  • Linda
    Linda Member ✭✭
    have version R48.15
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited April 2023

If you're using Quicken Connect, try switching to Direct Connect. I use DC with all my Citi cards and I don't have this problem.

[Merged Post]

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Linda
    Linda Member ✭✭
    Unlike mrzookie, I am seeing this problem in my Costco Citibank credit card account.
  • Momster122
    Momster122 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2023

the direct connect option is grayed out

[Merged Post]

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited April 2023

Try connecting to Citi Cards rather than Citibank.

[Merged Post]

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• user17881
    user17881 Member ✭✭
    As of today, 4/14/23 at 3:00p PDT, the issue is resolved for me.
  • Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin

Hi All, Can you please try connecting again and checking your balances? Some adjustments were made and we would like to see if this resolved the issue. Thank you.

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• asir54
    asir54 Member

It resolved my issue. Thank you!

• Momster122
    Momster122 Member ✭✭
    resolved my issues and is working properly. Thanks Quicken
  • Julia1
    Julia1 Member ✭✭

I am still having an issue. My downloaded Quicken balance is more than the actual Citibank balance. It appears that two transactions were included twice in the Quicken balance. If I need to send logs please tell me how to do that. Thanks

• Linda
    Linda Member ✭✭
    My issue is resolved. Thank you
This discussion has been closed.