One Step Update Slow

Over the last few months, updates seem to take forever. Is it just me or is there a reason this is happening?

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

"Forever" meaning what?

• 2 minutes?
    • 3?
    • 5?
    • 10?
    • 10 - 30?
    • It never finishes before I lose patience and kill Quicken

My OSU typically needs between 2 and 3 minutes to complete.

• Harold-Jr
    Harold-Jr Member ✭✭✭

In the last few weeks, ever since the issue with Fidelity benefits was solved by my reckoning, one-step update has slowed significantly. What used to take 3-5 minutes, this morning took 17 minutes!

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Since you're a Beta user … have you discussed this with the Beta team, just to rattle another cage?

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Both @WhatAmIMissing and @Harold-Jr ,
    are you syncing to the Web?
    When Quicken starts, a Sync is performed to download transaction activity from the Web and Mobile apps. This can cause extra minutes of startup time.

• fda2f6fc
    fda2f6fc Member ✭✭
    Yes, I have noticed Quicken for Windows OSU taking much longer than it used to. I do not run Mobile or Web apps with Quicken for Win. Quicken for Mac OSU works much faster than the Win version. But then it is not as feature rich as the Win version. Hope they fix it.
  • AlexisoftheShire
    AlexisoftheShire Member ✭✭✭
    I update 14 accounts (bank, credit card, and investment) every morning and it takes about 5 minutes. For me it's been consistent.
  • Edward Houston
    Edward Houston Member ✭✭
    Something has changed. Do not know what, but one step update that used to run in 2-5 minutes now takes 15-20 minutes. Only seems to happen with credit card accounts. Annoying...
This discussion has been closed.