Need to reinstall Quicken 2013 - Problem opening files (edit)

Options

I was using Quicken Rental Property 2013 for many years and decided to try the new version. I installed the new Quicken Deluxe and it must not be compatible with Windows 7 because i could not open my data files. I uninstalled the new Quicken and now I do not have any version of Quicken on my laptop. I want to re-install 2013, but I no longer have a disk or registration code. The only download that I could find is an upgrade. Is there any way I could download 2013 as a new install, not an upgrade?

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

You can download/install the free Quicken Deluxe 2013.

https://assistant.quicken.com/patch/ASDES5672FR13/Old_Products/QWIN/QW2013DLX.exe

Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

I've seen some listings on eBay for Quicken RPM 2013 that say it is not compatible with Win 10/11. That's the first I'd heard of that but it does not surprise me because neither Quicken 2013 nor Win 7 are supported by Quicken Inc. any longer.

The free Quicken Deluxe 2013 that can be downloaded is available because it is needed as an interim version when upgrading from some even older versions of Quicken to Quicken Subscription. Of course, Quicken Inc wants to encourgage people with those older versions to upgrade to Subscription so they make it available for free.

Let's hope that your installation of Quicken Subscption did not convert your Quicken RPM 2013 data file to Subscription. If it did, then it will not be compatible with Quicken Deluxe 2013. But you should be OK if you have a backup of your 2013 data file from before your Subscription upgrade that you can try to restore.

If you find that Quicken Deluxe 2013 does not meet your needs (because you need the additional features of Quicken RPM 2013), you can try to buy the Quicken RPM 2013 from online retailers. As mentioned earlier, I saw several listings for it on eBay. But I think I would try out the free Quicken Deluxe 2013 first.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.