10 Accounts with USAA - but only 9 are showing to Quicken

Vhist
Vhist Member

I have 10 accounts with USAA under my login. Everytime I try to setup the 10th account with Quicken Connect, the connection will only show nine accounts that I already have linked in Quicken. I cannot figure out how to get the 10th account to show up. The Popup window that allows you to link, ignore, or add never shows the 10th account.

Is this a limitation with Quicken? What can I do differently? i have also tried Direct Connection, but that has the same popup window showing only 9 accounts.

Best Answer

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓

Thank you for your reply,

As UKR said, if the savings account hasn't been active enough, it may be marked dormant on the financial institution side, which would prevent it from showing up in the list to Add/Link/Ignore in Quicken. You can see the Community Alert on the issue by clicking this link.

If it is an active account that does have recent transactions showing on the financial institution side, please let us know so we can continue troubleshooting.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Hello @Vhist,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. Is it always the same account that is not showing up in the popup window that lets you Add/Link/Ignore? What type of account is it?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Vhist
    Vhist Member

always the same account. Quicken was able to download it previously. It's a normal personal savings account. The other 9 accounts are also personal checking/savings account and 1 credit card account. When the program downloads it only shows 9 accounts and never has that 10th savings account listed.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it possible that the bank marked this savings account as inactive?
    If you haven't had any transactions for a number of months (other than interest deposits), banks tend to mark savings accounts as inactive, even if there are other accounts with regular activity right next to it.

Talk to the bank and have status reset. To prevent this in future, set up a regular scheduled transfer of a small amount from checking to savings, every few months, at the bank's website and a matching transfer reminder in Quicken.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓

Thank you for your reply,

As UKR said, if the savings account hasn't been active enough, it may be marked dormant on the financial institution side, which would prevent it from showing up in the list to Add/Link/Ignore in Quicken. You can see the Community Alert on the issue by clicking this link.

If it is an active account that does have recent transactions showing on the financial institution side, please let us know so we can continue troubleshooting.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Vhist
    Vhist Member

That must be it. There hasn't been alot of activity on it. I'll check with bank.

Thanks!

• Thank you for your reply,

Please let us know if the bank is not able to help you resolve the issue.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Does that 10th savinga acct appear when you log into the bank online website with your User ID ?
    Was it created differently - different SSN or different account ownership or ??

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.