Attach a file to an upcoming reminder.

Options
Morning Glory
Morning Glory Member ✭✭
edited October 2023 in Product Enhancements

In order to attach a file to a reminder I have to enter it into the register. I would like to be able to attach a file to a reminder without having to enter it into the register. My property tax is not due until October but the bill is sent out in March. I copied the bill and attached it to the October transaction and now it is sitting in the register waiting to be cleared for 6 months.

5 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Joseph Fuller
    Joseph Fuller Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Please add the ability to attach a document to an upcoming bill. I always get my statements before I pay a bill. So when I get one, I scan it and then have to keep it in a folder until I pay a bill, and only then can I attach it to that register entry.

I would love the ability to attach a statement to an upcoming bill BEFORE it has to be paid, and when paid, it moves itself to the register with that entry.

Thank you.

[Merged Post]

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

If you know that a bill is due in, say 2 weeks, why can't you record that transaction as soon as you know about it and then attach the bill to that transaction?

[Merged Post]

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Joseph Fuller
    Joseph Fuller Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Because like most people, I don't normally pay bills that far in advance. And recording bills before they are paid confuses things. Another reason is some bills are auto pays on specific days long after the statements come out. It would be much easier and less confusing to make attachments to upcoming bills possible.

[Merged Post]

• Bull56
    Bull56 Member ✭✭
    Options

I endorse this suggestion. When I enter my monthly gas, electric, Phone, ect. bill, I include the bill as an attachment. Having to enter it into the register is an extra step. I would like to be able to add an attachment from the reminder screen.