How to use same quicken data file in more then one computer

Jamshaid
Jamshaid Unconfirmed, Member

I am a bookkeeper. One of my client, using quicken for managing personal finances, wants to outsourse bookkeeping to me and asking that how it will be operational. Anyone guide me how it can be operational by using quicken on the web

Answers

• Hello @Jamshaid,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. They wouldn't be able to share their Quicken file with you over Quicken on the Web without also sharing their login credentials for Quicken. That would also give you access to see everything they have synced with Mobile & Web, not just the specific file they want you to see. If that is the way they want to do it, they would want to set up the file they want to share with you via Quicken on the Web using this article. You would then be able to log in by going to www.quicken.com, hovering your mouse over the sign in option, and selecting Quicken on the Web.

Rather than doing it that way, it would be simpler if you provided them with a list of the information you will need and they use Quicken to generate a report with that information (using email, or if you have some sort of file sharing set up to allow clients to send you information more securely, then using that method). If they're not familiar with creating reports, this article may help.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jamshaid Few, if any, of the SuperUsers use Q on the Web because it has a reputation of corrupting your data file when you download from the web to your Q desktop.

Search this forum for more info re: QWeb

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.