Terrible experience with Customer Service

Options
EvanP
EvanP Member
edited May 2023 in Before you Buy

I just called to renew my Deluxe. I ended up speaking to someone and hearing a number of people talking on the same line and the agent couldn't follow what I was asking about and answered some of my questions differently during the conversation . She offered me a discount on my renewal but only if I paid over the phone. She could not edit my account so that I could go online to pay for it. I did not feel comfortable giving my credit card to someone under those conditions so I am asking for help to update my renewal amount with the discount online so I can pay for my renewal.

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

@EvanP - You can also do an online search of retailers (such as, Amazon, Costco, Walmart, Best Buy, etc.) to see if you can get a better price there. You just need to look really carefully at the details of the offer because most of the sale prices and usually the best sale prices are for new subscribers only. If you buy one of these "new subscriber" offers then when you go to enter the activation code it will not be accepted because you are a current subscriber, not a new subscriber.

That being said, you might want to check out Office Depot. They currently have Quicken Deluxe on sale for $35.99 which I'm guessing is a better price than what you got over the phone with Quicken Support. And I just now checked, again, and this current sale offer is not just for new subscribers. That means existing subscribers can purchase it and use the activation code to renew their subscription. (Another user just bought it and confirmed that he was able to use the activation code to renew his subscription.) If you do check this out, just be sure to double check that it does not say anywhere on the pictures of the box nor in the product details description and specs that it is for new subscribers before you place your order for it.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited April 2023
    Options

No one on this site can provide the help with renewal pricing that you're looking for; only Customer Support can help with that. You could call Customer Suppor again and hope to get a clearer connection — but I'd guess they could only offer you special pricing if you pay over the phone; I'm not aware of special discount codes they can give out for you to use when paying online.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

@EvanP - You can also do an online search of retailers (such as, Amazon, Costco, Walmart, Best Buy, etc.) to see if you can get a better price there. You just need to look really carefully at the details of the offer because most of the sale prices and usually the best sale prices are for new subscribers only. If you buy one of these "new subscriber" offers then when you go to enter the activation code it will not be accepted because you are a current subscriber, not a new subscriber.

That being said, you might want to check out Office Depot. They currently have Quicken Deluxe on sale for $35.99 which I'm guessing is a better price than what you got over the phone with Quicken Support. And I just now checked, again, and this current sale offer is not just for new subscribers. That means existing subscribers can purchase it and use the activation code to renew their subscription. (Another user just bought it and confirmed that he was able to use the activation code to renew his subscription.) If you do check this out, just be sure to double check that it does not say anywhere on the pictures of the box nor in the product details description and specs that it is for new subscribers before you place your order for it.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

also … be very certain you actually contacted - quicken.com - and not some scam website

Do NOT just Google —> Quicken Support

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Yes, make sure you are talking with someone from Quicken Support: https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support .

• EvanP
    EvanP Member
    Options

Thanks to all of you for the suggestions. I ordered from Office Depot for $35.99 and did not see anything on the website or on the package about "new subscribers." I'll report back on how it goes once I try to use the authorization code.

• EvanP
    EvanP Member
    Options

Everything went smoothly and it was extended to 1 year past my current expiration date.

This discussion has been closed.