Quote / Prices Not Updating Correctly

Since I have updated to the current release R48.15 - 27.1.48.15 Quicken Premier a number stock/bonds do not update correctly. i.e. stock AMAT from Schwab is 113.46 but Quicken shows 114.39. CommonWealth Edison from Schwab is 93.6332 but Quicken shows 93.8089. This happens to a handful (latest was 11) to be updated manually.

Best Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Are you updating the quotes while the market is open or after it has closed? Quotes for stocks and ETFs will vary during the day.

If you go to Edit > Preferences > Investments, is the Real time quotes option selected? I think that may include after hours trading, which other sources do not.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Jim_Harman
    Answer ✓

If you want to find out sooner whether the Real time quotes option makes a difference, you can un—check the option, delete the incorrect entries from the price history, and do an Update Quotes. Daily quotes are available for the past 30 days, weekly for the 11 months before that, and monthly up to a total of 5 years before that.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Answer ✓

Are you updating the quotes while the market is open or after it has closed? Quotes for stocks and ETFs will vary during the day.

If you go to Edit > Preferences > Investments, is the Real time quotes option selected? I think that may include after hours trading, which other sources do not.

• dak5126
    dak5126 Member ✭✭

Hi Jim,

Yes, real-time Quotes is selected. My routine is to donwnload transactions daily prior to market opening along with all the other financial transactions I monitor. I understand the process if updated during normal market hours. However, I have un-checked the real-time quotes as noted. Will see if this makes a difference on the next business day download. Thank you for your reply.

• Jim_Harman
    Answer ✓

If you want to find out sooner whether the Real time quotes option makes a difference, you can un—check the option, delete the incorrect entries from the price history, and do an Update Quotes. Daily quotes are available for the past 30 days, weekly for the 11 months before that, and monthly up to a total of 5 years before that.

• dak5126
    dak5126 Member ✭✭
    yes, I did that after your suggestion on a couple of entries, did the Quotes update and the correct price was loaded. Then did it to the remaining 11 with the same result. So that may be my issue as you suggested. So far so good. Real test will be on Tuesday prior to market open on updating. Thanks again for you input. Will follow up later. Cheers
  • dak5126
    dak5126 Member ✭✭
    Hi Jim,
    The de-selection of Real Time Quotes was my issue. I totally overlooked that setting when I was trouble shooting. Thank you for highlighting that selection to adjust. All is in balance now. Grace and Peace to you.
This discussion has been closed.