Quicken Starter Offer with TurboTax

Options
ghallman
ghallman Member
edited May 2023 in Before you Buy

Is it possible to redeem the TurboTax offer for a 1-Year subscription to Quicken Starter and upgrade to Home & Business? Is this offer limited to new users?

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited April 2023
    Options

It sounds to me like the Turbotax offer was for new users:

Limited time offer of free Quicken Starter membership applies to the first year of membership only

Edit: Nope, I'm wrong:

• If you are redeeming the free Quicken Starter product through the purchase of TurboTax, and you are currently in an active Quicken subscription and not within 6 months of your renewal date, you will have to return to this page within 6 months of renewal in order to redeem. Additionally, note that if you are currently subscribed to Quicken Deluxe, Quicken Premier or Quicken Home & Business, by redeeming the free Quicken Starter product, you will lose some of the features that are associated with your current higher-tiered product.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Based on Jon's response, the last sentence says that your higher version will be downgraded to the Starter Edition capabilities (something you obviously don't want to do).

IMHO, the best thing to do with the free Starter Edition is to give it away to someone you know that might want to get started in Quicken. I find it useless to an established Quicken user.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.