Where can I download a copy of Quicken Home & Business 2013

Options

I purchased and have used Quicken Home & Business 2017 since it was released. Unfortuately, now Quicken has disabled it as a "legacy" version and I cannot load it on my new computer. Does anyone know where I can download Quicken Home & Business 2013?

Thanks!

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Do you have a copy of the C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Quicken\Config\QUICKEN.INI file from your old computer? If so, you can get Quicken 2017 to function on your new computer. The only place you might find a copy of Quicken Home & Business 2013 is eBay. Your Quicken 2017 data file can't be opened by Quicken 2013. You would need to try to use QIF exports/imports to go back to 2013.

Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Mary-Annette
    Options

I've already tried that. I've imported my data to my QuickBooks Accountant Desktop 2020 but I really prefer to use Quicken for my personal transactions. I've also been able to do an import to Quicken Home & Business 2011. However, I will not be forced to buy a subscription because Quicken has decided to make a program I paid good money for unuseable. Frankly, I'm ticked off and have already hung up on the Quicken "support" team. I can understand switching to subscription only but I cannot condone disabling legally purchased software.

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are you sure you copied the correct QUICKEN.INI file for your working version of Quicken 2017. Other posters have copied the whole C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Quicken\Config\ folder to get Quicken 2017.

FWIW, you didn't purchase a copy of the software. You purchased a license to use the software according to the EULA you agreed to when you installed Quicken.

QUICKEN DISCONTINUATION POLICY AND TERMINATION OF SUPPORT

In addition to being governed by this Agreement, access and use of the Quicken Software, Quicken Online Features, and Ancillary Services are in all cases subject to Quicken's discontinuation policy. To the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, Quicken reserves the right to discontinue all support for the Quicken Software, Quicken Online Features, and Ancillary Services, any of their discrete features, or any other features, online and other services or content accessible through the Quicken Software, Quicken Online Features, and Ancillary Services, at any time and for any reason.

Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

And there's another fly in the ointment …
    A Quicken data file used by Quicken version 2017 is not backwards compatible to Quicken version 2013. Even if you can buy a copy of 2013 H&B from a reputable Internet retailer, you cannot directly use the data file.

If the old computer still works reliably, stay on it until it really breaks.
    If the old computer is on its last legs already, purchase and install the current Subscription version on the new computer. The new version can read and update your 2017-format data file to the file format now in use.

• Mary-Annette
    Options

I appreciate the responses. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.