Profile Setting Window Under Mobile & Web Tab Still Shows Old Name

Tammy Borgnis
Tammy Borgnis Member ✭✭✭
I have tried updating my name by hitting Update, but it is still showing my old name inside of Quicken, and the website shows my correct name. This is frustrating as I am a trans woman and don't want to see my old name if I can help it.

Can someone please tell me how to fix this? Thanks.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If I understand you correctly, you successfully updated your Name in your Quicken ID account on the quicken.com website.
    However, in the Quicken program on your PC, the old name still shows.

Have you tried logging out of your Quicken ID on the PC and the logging back in using your same Quicken ID? That should refresh the information.

• Go to Edit / Preferences / Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    • Click the "Sign in as a different user" link on the right side.
    • Sign out, then sign back in to your Quicken account using your existing Quicken ID.

• Tammy Borgnis
    Tammy Borgnis Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    @UKR I tried that with a totally different PC where I wasn't signed into Quicken at all. It still shows my old name when I sign in.

I just tried completely signing out and signing back in on the Desktop app and my old name is still showing.
  • Tammy Borgnis
    Tammy Borgnis Member ✭✭✭
    I am still experiencing this issue. Is there anything else I can try?
  • Tammy Borgnis
    Tammy Borgnis Member ✭✭✭
    Hi, I am still experiencing this issue. Can someone please give me some support?
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello @Tammy Borgnis,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

If you haven't already, I suggest resetting your cloud data from your Quicken desktop program and see if that may make a difference. However, before doing so, first, verify that the Dataset name and the File name match each other identically by navigating to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts (see below). Please make sure to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps (just in case).

If they do not match, please click Edit dataset name and change the Dataset name to match the File name exactly the same (do not copy the file extension: ".QDF"). 

Then, click OK in the preferences window and proceed to save a backup (just in case). From there, please follow the steps below to reset your cloud data.

1. Sign out of your Quicken Mobile/Web app(s)
    2. On your desktop program go to Edit
    3. Preferences...
    4. Mobile & Web
    5. Make sure sync shows it's ON and click on Reset your cloud data 
    6. On the following screen you can leave the preselected option for "No, just reset my Cloud data", type Yes in the entry field to confirm, and click Reset
    7. Wait for the sync reset to finish
    8. Navigate to the Mobile & Web dropdown menu 
    9. Select Cloud Sync to resync your data and to make sure no errors occur
    10. Wait for it to finish syncing 
    11. Sign back in on your Quicken Mobile/Web app(s)

Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Tammy Borgnis
    Tammy Borgnis Member ✭✭✭
    Hi Jasmine. I followed the steps but unfortunately the Profile window in the Mobile & Web tab on Desktop is still showing my old name. Is there anything else I can try?
  • Tammy Borgnis
    Tammy Borgnis Member ✭✭✭
    Hello? Jasmine? Are you there? I tried what you suggested and it's still not working. Do you have anything else I can try?
  • Hello @Tammy Borgnis,

Jasmine isn't available today. I'll do what I can to assist.

When you go to Edit>Preferences>Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts, does it show the correct name there, or is it showing the same incorrect information that you are seeing on the Mobile & Web tab?

If your information displays correctly in Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts, then I would recommend doing a manual cloud reset by creating a test file and deleting your cloud account from that test file. After that, you would attempt to resync your main data file which should then create a new cloud account (this does not affect your data saved within that data file).

First, please save a backup. From there, create a new data file (click here to view instructions, and review the section titled: "Creating a new file").  Once the new file opens, follow the steps below to remove your main data file's cloud account.

1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    4. Click Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID (#) (this is not a button, it is written in blue underneath the "Edit dataset name" button)
    5. Select the Cloud Account Name used for your main data file and click Delete
    6. Type Yes and click Delete

After that, switch back to your main data file (click here to view instructions, scroll down and review the section titled: "How to alternate between multiple files"). 

Once your main file opens, resync your data by navigating to the Mobile & Web tab and clicking on the blue Get Started button, and then the blue Sync Now button and see whether or not the errors you were receiving persist. You can then also delete the new file you previously created as well as its cloud account.

If the information in Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts does not match your profile online, then you would need to log out, close your Quicken for at least 5 seconds, reopen Quicken, and log in again when prompted (making sure you are using the same Quicken ID that is in your profile).

To log out, go to Edit>Preferences>Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts. Click on the blue link that says Sign in as a different user. Type "yes" in the textbox, then click Sign Out.

I hope this helps.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Tammy Borgnis
    Tammy Borgnis Member ✭✭✭
    Hi Kristina. When I go to Edit>Preferences>Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts, it is showing the correct information. The only place where it is NOT showing the correct info is in the Profile Setting panel in the Mobile & Web tab.

I tried doing the steps listed above and deleting my Cloud account by creating the test file, but that didn't work.

Is there anything else I can try? I think at this point there needs to be a ticket opened because nothing I have tried has worked.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod

Thank you for your response,

Since the previous troubleshooting did not work, I would recommend you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.