Brokerage Quicken Mismatch

Hen
Hen Member ✭✭
Yesterday I bought an option iron condor, 2 options each. After running 1step update, the contracts appear as 200 "shares" for each limb of the condor. All well and good except Quicken says it has 4,500 more shares of on one of the options than my broker does. Where does that come from?
I suppose I have to assign it a zero cost and then sell it at zero gain/loss?

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not following along with you.

You say that "the contracts appear as 200 "shares" for each limb of the condor. All well and good…." which says to me that your positions are properly stated. That is, if you look at the Holdings in the Account you have 2 distinct puts and 2 distinct calls, with each put and call showing 100 shares.

But then you say "Quicken says it has 4,500 more shares of on one of the options than my broker does" and it's not clear where you're seeing that. Is this coming up in a "Securities Comparison Mismatch" window, with the "Shares in Quicken" column showing 4,500 for one of the options, or is it the case that the Holdings view is not "All well and good" with respect to one of the legs? Or do you have some "extra" transactions in Quicken that's created the 4,500 share position??

It seem that the latter is the case because you're proposing to correct this error by creating an offsetting transaction of some sort? If there is a bad transaction that's been downloaded into Quicken, (side note: you absolutely cannot rely on "downloads" to keep everything correct in the Account, it simply doesn't work), then I'd just delete that bad transaction.

Maybe some screen shots would clear up what's going on here.

• Hen
    Hen Member ✭✭
    I don't see a "bad" transaction. It's as if I always owned 4,500 contracts and Quicken does show it in a Security Mismatch Window
This discussion has been closed.