credit union changed name from Alaska USA Federal Credit Union to Global CU

amayzd
amayzd Member ✭✭

My credit union has changed their name from Alaska USA Federal Credit Union to Global CU on April 1 and my accounts are not being downloaded. I have contacted the credit union and they said they have put in the name change request. I called Quicken customer service and they said they can not help because Quickbooks is responsible for name changes in banks. I tried to call Quickbooks but they would not talk to me because I don't have a Quickbooks account. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

Are you using Quickbooks or Quicken? They are totally different programs owned/operated by different companies.

Quicken customer support handles Quicken, Intuit handles Quickbooks.

Once you establish that, then you can approach the proper support channels from the respective company.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

I think Quicken Support was saying that Intuit handles names changes in banks. I don't know why the representative would have mentioned QuickBooks, which is an Intuit product, rather than naming Intuit. But it's correct that Intuit handles online connectivity for Quicken. And there is no way for consumers to communicate with the Intuit connectivity group.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is the name you mentioned -
    along with the new name - https://www.globalcu.org… which is NOT yet listed within Quicken.
    this entry is from the QWin side - but the QMac side is usually the same -

It is up to the CU to contact Quicken and have their Quicken info updated to reflect their name change -

11419 11419 11419 Alaska USA Federal Credit Union
    http://www.alaskausa.org/ 1-800-525-9094
    https://www.alaskausa.org/ ACTIVE
    BANKING&WEB-CONNECT
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Until that problem gets fixed by whoever …
    Have you tried to logon to the CU's new website?
    In there, you should find a way to download transactions, either one monthly statement at a time, or by a range of specified dates. Select the Quicken-compatible QFX file format and proceed to download. Once the file arrives in your Downloads folder, you can import the file into Quicken to bring your data file up to date.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

@UKR has a practical temporary solution. There's just no way as an end-user to verify that this change is in the queue at Intuit, nor how long it will be until they get it resolved. The only word of caution I'd add is that when you switch between Quicken Connect and QFX file imports, you may get duplicate transactions the first time you switch in either direction. (Every transaction gets assigned a unique transaction ID number by the financial institution, and Quicken uses these to eliminate adding duplicate instances of the same transaction int your registers. Some financial institutions have different transaction ID numbers depending on the connection method, so if this happens, you get duplicates.)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

following in what @UKR mentioned -
    if you can download a Quicken QFX file from the new website,
    open it with Notepad as it's just a plain text file -
    scroll down and look for the Quicken Bank ID number…..
    and let us know what it is -
    That will tell us if they are keeping/using the same FID (as listed above)
    or have created a yet unknown FID for future Quicken transactions.
    Here is what to look for in the QFX file - this is Chase -

<FI>
    <ORG>B1
    <FID>10898
    </FI>
    <INTU.BID>10898

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• amayzd
    amayzd Member ✭✭

You are terrific! Thank you for your comments were so helpful. I did download the accounts and am on the road again to know where my money is going.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023

@amayzd just for closure, it would still be nice to confirm what <FID> number was in the downloaded QFX file ?

And - it might change if Global sets up their own contract with Quicken for online downloading…

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• amayzd
    amayzd Member ✭✭
    True confessions...I called support and they walked me through it so I didn't see a FID number. I wouldn't have known to ask support if you hadn't suggested it though so thank you.
This discussion has been closed.