American Express keeps asking for new connection setup

in2ndo
in2ndo Member ✭✭✭

Hello,

I have gone through the setup of 3 American Express accounts, at least 3 times. they all seem to complete successfully and when I run the account update, it asks for it again. 2 of the accounts are mine and 1 is my wife's. So the first two come up first and seem to complete with no errors. I run the accounts update again and my wife's come up. I update that one also with no errors. a few hours later or the next day and it all repeats again.

Running Mac OS 13.3.1 and Quicken 7.0.1 (Build 700.48728.100).

Attached is the only message I get. no error messages.

Best Answer

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓

Thank you for your reply,

Do you have an account in your Quicken that matches the name it shows on that message? If so, have you backed up your file and tried disconnecting, then reconnecting that account?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Hello @in2ndo,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. That message indicates that Quicken is seeing an account with the account name it is showing you still connected by an outdated connection method. Probably the simplest way to track down that account is go to Accounts>Hide and Show Accounts. Look for accounts that show American Express in the Financial Institution column. Does it show more than just the 3 accounts you should have connected?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• in2ndo
    in2ndo Member ✭✭✭

Thank you for the reply Kristina, That's not it. I do have 2 old Amex hidden accounts. they both have been disconnected for a while and the names are different. and I made a mistake in my initial post. is a total of 4 accounts, 3 are mine and 1 is my wife's.

• Quicken Kristina
    Answer ✓

Thank you for your reply,

Do you have an account in your Quicken that matches the name it shows on that message? If so, have you backed up your file and tried disconnecting, then reconnecting that account?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Quicken Kristina

Thank you for your response,

I'm glad to hear the issue is resolved.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.