Quicken hangs on launch, but eventually starts

Options
pelaird
pelaird Member ✭✭
Just recently, Quicken hangs when launched (not responding), but eventually starts and runs normally. When the data file is launched, Quicken begins to open normally, but then hangs and a black box is rendered around the splash screen and a thick (about 10 pixels) blue bar appears above the Quicken title bar. Quicken uses a proprietary title bar and it seems like Windows is trying to add the standard Windows title bar.

I have validated my data file and even tried creating a new test data file, neither of which helped with this issue. I have also completely uninstalled Quicken using Revo Uninstaller, downloaded a fresh copy from the Quicken Downloads page, and re-installed Quicken. This did not help either. I don't have any online accounts connected, nor do I use any Mobile & Web features. I only use the Registers.

I am able to use Quicken, but this issue is very annoying.

Windows 10 Pro 22H2 Build 19045.2908
Quicken ver.27.1.49.22

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @pelaird,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• pelaird
    pelaird Member ✭✭
    Options
    Sent. Thanks
  • pelaird
    pelaird Member ✭✭
    Options
    FYI, the thick (about 10 pixels) bar that appears above the Quicken title bar is indeed Windows is trying to add the standard Windows title bar. I noticed this morning that there is also a 1 pixel border rendered around the entire window. To test this theory, I changed my accent color from blue to green and now the thick (about 10 pixels) bar that appears above the Quicken title bar is green with a 1 pixel green border around the window.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@pelaird how long does the file hang before it fully opens?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• nick
    nick Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have this problem as well.
  • pelaird
    pelaird Member ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options
    @mshiggins The hang was lasting about 25-30 seconds, however this issue seems to have been resolved with Release 49.29. Also, Quicken seems to be loading faster than in previous releases.
  • pelaird
    pelaird Member ✭✭
    Options
    @nick Try the update Release 49.29. That seems to fix the issue.
This discussion has been closed.