Payroll Income Reminder - changes from twice a month to monthly

I have my twice a month paycheck set up in Bill & Income Reminders with no end date. Every time I run Update to download current transactions, my paycheck reminder changes to monthly and I have to open the reminder and change it back to twice a month? Has anyone else experienced this and how do you fix it?

Best Answer

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

(CTP-6736)

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello @Suzette Briseno,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

To clarify, when you initiate online banking downloads your reminder transactions change from twice a month to monthly?

If so, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File…
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

• neilv2562
    neilv2562 Member ✭✭

I have the same problem. After an update now to download transactions, the bi-weekly reminders change to monthly. I performed both the validation step described above and no change. Is there a software fix coming.

• neilv2562
    neilv2562 Member ✭✭

Correction to my last post. Setting the reminder to "Twice a month" changes to monthly after an update now to download transactions.

• jabm1973
    jabm1973 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    I've looked through the previous posts regarding paycheck/paycheck reminder corruption but not seeing what I just experienced.

Note: I just got a new computer less than 2 weeks ago and have a fresh install of Quicken and just got the latest update. Been using Quicken since Quicken 4 back in 1995.

Earlier today I noticed that the paycheck reminder got messed up and was a regular income reminder and didn't seem to have any repeats when Quicken crashed on me. I had to leave and didn't restart Quicken for several hours. I went through the process of adding a fresh paycheck reminder using the paycheck wizard setting it up as 2x month (15th and last) and *POOF* it went back to a regular income reminder - with the proper splits - but only set to monthly and not 2x month. What the heck!!
  • wil6707
    wil6707 Member

I have the same issue. I have tried both of the validations and it didn't make any difference. I have also tried to remove the income reminder completely and re-enter it. This did not work either.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @jabm1973,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this. 

If you haven't already, I suggest that you restore a backup that was saved prior to this issue occurring to restore any data that has already been affected by this issue. Then, turn off mobile sync to see if that may help prevent this issue from reoccurring. 

Once you've restored the backup, please follow the instructions provided below to turn off sync.

1. Navigate to Edit 
    2. Preferences
    3. Mobile & Web
    4. Turn Sync OFF. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jabm1973
    jabm1973 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Quicken Anja -- I can try that. However:
    A ) I really don't care to redo the Paycheck Wizard yet again and having access via Mobile is quite important and especially over the next 2 weeks.

B ) What does the Synching of Mobile & Web have to do with Paycheck reminders?? Why is the Mobile & Web Synching so problematic? I posted 2 years ago about a similar problem (see: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7891803/paycheck-reminders-zeroing-out#latest).

Looks like there are some Major Long-Standing Issues with Mobile & Web that need to be escalated and fixed ASAP
  • I have also previously deleted and re-entered my income reminder, obviously with no success! It's going to be a few days before I can try the validation and repair processes. Based on the other comments, I'm not very hopeful that will fix the issue. I tend to update frequently and this is driving me nuts!

• jeremywright
    jeremywright Member ✭✭

I am experiencing the same problem. This is definitely new behavior upon a recent update. This is very frustrating because this makes it difficult to use Projected Balances. Kindly reproduce this issue and issue a hotfix.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023

what version … Help —> About Quicken

there are other threads regarding Income Reminders getting changed from 2 per month - to a single Reminder.

Happens after One Step Update -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Quicken Jasmine
    edited May 2023 Answer ✓

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

(CTP-6736)

-Quicken Jasmine

• jabm1973
    jabm1973 Member ✭✭
    Thanks Ps56K2 - that might be part of the problem -- I am on the latest version of Quicken Premier: Version: R49.29 Build: 27.1.49.29 and I am on Windows 11 Home. Its not just that my paycheck reminder changed from twice a month to monthly, but also the format of the reminder itself changed - from the format as setup by the paycheck wizard to just a regular income reminder with splits.
  • rackermike
    rackermike Member

I came here looking for a solution to the same issue. I am using Quicken Premier: Version: R49.29 Build: 27.1.49.29 and I am on Windows 11 Enterprise. Whenever I update transactions, ANY reminders I have that are set to "twice a month" are changed to "monthly". I thought it was only the paycheck reminder, but recently realized that a bill reminder that is paid twice a month also resets to monthly.

I will try the validation suggestions, although based on the above comments I am not hopeful. I will also submit a problem report in the hopes that it will help find a solution to this issue sooner rather than later as it does significantly impact the utility of the balance forecasting tool.

• pjlambe
    pjlambe Member ✭✭
    Last week, I discovered how a whole bunch of my previous paychecks were screwed up and the detail was removed. Terrible. But I was grateful that it didn't impact years of data like other users. So based on a bunch of posts, I deleted all of my paycheck reminders and then painstakingly recreated the paycheck wizard. Now, a week later, I have the some of the same problems as above. My reminder changed from semi-monthly to monthly and instead of the paycheck detail it has the individual items listed as a bunch of splits.

Why does this keep happening? Please be transparent with us. Thanks.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

all .. please indicate what version -

… Help —> About Quicken

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• imdcareys
    imdcareys Member ✭✭✭✭

This doesn't happen to me. I am on v49.22. I know there is a way to revert to an earlier version of Quicken until this is fixed (if you want to try that), but someone more knowledgeable than me should probably provide the steps.

- Carey

Win 11 - Quicken Premier - v54.16

• neilv2562
    neilv2562 Member ✭✭
    Turning off mobile sync seems to have resolved the issue. Thanks
  • jeremywright
    jeremywright Member ✭✭
    Indeed this is somehow related to the mobile sync process. For me, income and bills that are set to twice per month are reverted to monthly after a mobile sync. I'm using version R49.29 Build 27.1.49.29.
  • tstearns
    tstearns Member

I have the same issue with the frequency being broken after the recent update. I also noticed that when you enter them in the register, a second instance shows up with just <split> in the category vs paycheck. The budgets also no longer show any of the future paychecks in them. And you can no longer edit the paycheck via the paycheck editor, just the split transaction editor.

• Q97
    Q97 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    I'm seeing the same behavior as @tstearns since updating to R49.29. On Quicken Windows, I had my paycheck set to twice a month, on the 15th and last day of the month. Now I only see the ones on the 15th. Also, the "Edit this instance and all future instances" button opens the Edit Income Reminder dialog instead of the paycheck dialog, like it used to.

On Quicken on the web, I see the frequency as Twice a month, with the "First on" set to the 15th, and the "Second on" blank. In the latter's drop-down it only shows 1st thru the 31st, with no option for the last day of the month, so there appears to be a difference in scheduling capabilities between the web and desktop. On the iOS app, the "Second on" is set to Last, which is correct.

It looks like R49.29 or the sync process may have changed something so that the desktop app now thinks this is a regular income reminder instead of a paycheck in addition to corrupting the scheduling.
  • Oscar Ramirez
    Oscar Ramirez Member

I am also using version R49.29 Build 27.1.49.29. I have observed the twice a month changing to monthly and am also seeing the Once Only reverting to Yearly. I will turn of Mobile sync for now and hope this gets fixed before I have to travel.

• JColeman
    JColeman Member

I have the same problem since the latest update. Anytime I sync with Mobile & Web, the desktop version changes my income to one time per month. However, when I look at it on the iPhone app, the income still shows to be set for twice a month. So, the problem is only happening on the desktop, which is the only place I can see projected balances (long-term anyway).

• Cglenn
    Cglenn Member

Add me to the list of users having this same problem.

I have also had other reminders have their dates/frequency changed.

• Patrick Bimonte
    Patrick Bimonte Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023

I have a Twice Monthly paycheck series that has worked for years, since this last update, every time I do a one-step update, Quicken changes my reminder to a once a month reminder forcing me to fix it.

• Jeremy Kruse
    Jeremy Kruse Member ✭✭
    I have had the same issue for the last several weeks. Spousal paycheck reverts to once a month. This is just with the spouse paycheck which is twice monthly 15th and last day. Changing to 15th and 30th didn't help. My paycheck entry set for every two weeks is still OK. I upgraded to the latest version this morning. The release notes said it fixed one of the paycheck bugs but unfortunately not this one. As a workaround i created a second recurring income item for my wife's second monthly paycheck but I can't get that entry to show as a paycheck, it shows as a normal split transaction. Another bug. Ugh!
  • Sybrsean
    Sybrsean Member ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Just as the description says.

Quicken keeps removing calendar items (current month bill reminders) while leaving the next months, and changing twice a month paychecks to once a month even when I update them in the calendar.

Seems to erase anything I've done every time I do a One Step Update.
  • Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod

Hello @Sybrsean,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. The issue with income reminders shifting from twice a month to once a month has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future release. You can see the original thread discussing the issue by clicking this link.

You mentioned that any time you run One Step Update, your changes get erased. When you run One Step Update, does it show Sync to Quicken Cloud selected?

If you see that box selected, try unselecting it before running One Step Update. Do you still have the problem with that checkbox unselected?

If the problem stops with that box unchecked, that would mean the issue with your work disappearing is associated with syncing to the Quicken Cloud. If you don't use mobile and web, then the simplest solution would be going to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web and turning the Sync off.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe the latest release - R49.33 HF2 - addresses the twice a month issue -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Sybrsean
    Sybrsean Member ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Having the same issue, done all the very time consuming things others tried. (Deleting reminders which then remove YEARS of coding to uncategorized, and reentered. On R49.33 Build 27.1.49.33. Did both validations to no effect after fixing everything then as soon as I One-Step everything is screwed again. Fixed it again. Turned off Web/App sych - so not getting my subscription software value as I have to turn off feature to make the software not cause years of errors with expense coding.

This program is a complete mess and this combined with the 6-8 months of not being able to sych to chase and others makes it very difficult to continue to use it. If there was any other choice as developed as Quicken I'd stop using it in a heartbeat.

There's defiantly a problem when you use Mobile & Web where some data from the cloud is corrupting the local files.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the latest R49.33 HF2 - addresses the Reminder issue

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.