Error message after Quicken Upgrade: "Quicken could not complete your request."

Options
SDG
SDG Member ✭✭
After upgrading my Quicken for Windows on my Windows 11 machine, I get the following error message when launching Quicken and when doing a manual backup:
"Quicken could not complete your request. Please try again later."
Version R49.29
Build 27.1.49.29
Windows 11 Enterprise

Best Answer

• SDG
    SDG Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    In my case, it turned out that my Quicken had not prompted me to sign into my online account after I upgraded. So Quicken Support gave me the following steps to do which rectified the problem:

1. Edit menu
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID and Cloud Accounts
    4. Sign in as a different user
    5. Type "yes" and click in "Sign Out"
    6. Close and reopen Quicken.
    7. Sign back in.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

• To make sure that Quicken is allowed to update and save its configuration files please check if Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access feature Ransomware protection is enabled.
    If it is, configure it to add Quicken as an "allowed app" without turning off Ransomware protection. Perform the last step in

• Have you recently enabled a VPN?
    If so, this might be the problem. Try turning the VPN off, reboot with VPN disabled and see if that helps.
    • Is there a corporate or otherwise external firewall getting in the way? Contact the IT people maintaining the firewall and ask for permission.
    • Does your Antivirus software allow Quicken to connect to the Internet?
    Quicken needs to be able to establish outbound Internet connections for the program to work.
    For example, in McAfee Firewall, one user states "By editing the Quicken Firewall entry Selecting Incoming and Outgoing, and changing it from "Default" to "Open to all devices" it now works without having to turn off the entire firewall!"
    If necessary, contact the Antivirus / Firewall vendor's Support Center.
    • In older Windows systems go to Windows Control Panel and select Internet Options (or in Internet Explorer, click on Tools / Internet options.)
    Click the Advanced tab.
    Scroll down the list to "Use TLS x.x" and click to put a checkmark on all available TLS choices.
    Turn off "Use SSL 3.0"
    Click Apply. Reboot.
    • If all else fails: Try rebooting your network router. When done reboot your PC

• QknUser123456
    QknUser123456 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have this same issue. Same software versions. Ransomware settings are not the issue.
  • JeffH70760
    JeffH70760 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options

I have the same issue, too. I have the same software versions as mentioned above. However, one of my data files (my personal account)is ok. I do not have the issue on it. But I do have the issue on another file for my business. However, If I disconnect the internet when launching the file with the issue on it, it loads normally. [Edited-Readability]. No issue. Help!

• SDG
    SDG Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    In my case, it turned out that my Quicken had not prompted me to sign into my online account after I upgraded. So Quicken Support gave me the following steps to do which rectified the problem:

1. Edit menu
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID and Cloud Accounts
    4. Sign in as a different user
    5. Type "yes" and click in "Sign Out"
    6. Close and reopen Quicken.
    7. Sign back in.
  • JeffH70760
    JeffH70760 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks so much! It worked for me too!

• msheridan52
    msheridan52 Member
    Options

Went through a couple suggested of fixes listed above, a waste of time. I'm still getting "Quicken could not complete your request."

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In that case, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone during posted hours of operation and request help. Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.
    Quicken Support:
    - To contact Quicken Support, please use this link only:
    https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support and select Chat or Phone support.
    - Support is only available during posted hours of operation
    - The phone number can be found at the support website.
    - To start Chat or see the support phone number, your browser must allow popup windows from https://www.quicken.com
    See

- If you are eligible for Premium Support (purchased separately or included as part of your subscription to Quicken Premier or HB&R) call the number that can be found at the top of your My Account page at https://www.quicken.com/my-account (US) or https://www.quicken.com/canada/my-account (Canada) when you log in with your Quicken ID. Place the call using the phone whose number is recorded in your account profile.
    - Other links or phone numbers found elsewhere on the Internet, even in some posts or emails received from other Community members, may not be from Quicken or may not be up-to-date. Use those at your own risk.
    - Unlike other so-called "Quicken support providers", the real Quicken Support is free for all currently supported versions.

This discussion has been closed.